Fall 2022 Admission
Our application process consists of two steps: a pre-screening online application and a campus visit day.
Log into our electronic application system and submit the following items by December 15, 2021:
- Completed electronic application form
- Transcripts for all college classes
- Three academic/professional references
- GRE General score (our GRE ETS program code is 1871)
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Fee
The application fee is mandatory for all initiated applications, and is non-refundable, regardless of whether your application is considered complete and whether your application is reviewed by our admissions committee.
After you submit the materials listed above, please email the Medical Physics program to let us know that your application is complete. No additional applications will be accepted after December 15, 2021.
Before the application process, we strongly encourage you to shadow a medical physicist, either in therapy, diagnostic imaging, or both if you wish to understand the day-to-day activities of medical physicists. Your reflections on your shadowing experience will play a crucial role in the Campus Visit and Interview step.
Campus Visit and Interview
For Fall 2022: For the safety of everyone, all interviews will be virtual this year via Zoom. Any questions about interview dates should be directed to the Medical Physics program email.
After you submit your online application, we’ll notify you no later than January 21, 2022, whether you’ve been invited to continue forward in the interview process.
During the campus visit day, you’ll meet and interview with our program director, faculty members, staff, and current students.
- With our program director, you’ll discuss
- the therapy and diagnostic pathways
- the curriculum in the MSMP and DMP degrees
- the student applicant selection process
Take time before the campus visit to consider carefully which pathways (therapy or diagnostic; MSMP or DMP) you hope to pursue. Our program director will be happy to answer any remaining questions you have at your interview.
- With our faculty members, you’ll discuss
- The collegial feel of courses and practicum in the program
- Research opportunities and mentors
- With current students, you’ll chat about
- What it feels like to study at Vanderbilt
- Student experience of the medical physics curriculum
- Their favorite research, practicum, and courses so far
- Living in the city of Nashville
- Services and opportunities offered on Vanderbilt’s campus
The campus interview process is generally completed within five to six hours. Please understand that you’re responsible for any travel expenses associated with the campus visit (airfare, ground transportation, hotel, etc.).
Questions about campus interview dates? Email the Medical Physics program.
Final Admission Decisions
You’ll receive email notification of your admission status (accepted, waiting list, or denied admission) by March 1, 2022. If accepted, you must officially accept or decline your admission via e-mail reply to the offer by April 15, 2022.
Questions about the application process? Email the Medical Physics program.
For information on financial aid and student loans, please visit Student Financial Aid.