Fall 2024 Admission
Our application process consists of two steps: a pre-screening online application and an interview.
Log into our electronic application system and submit the following items by December 15, 2023:
- Completed electronic application form
- Official transcripts for all college classes
- Three academic/professional references
- GRE General exam scores (our GRE ETS program code is 1871)
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Fee
The application fee is mandatory for all initiated applications, and is non-refundable, regardless of whether your application is considered complete and whether your application is reviewed by our admissions committee. We are not able to waive this application fee.
- Apply here: https://apply.vanderbilt.edu/apply/
Before the application process, we strongly encourage you to shadow a medical physicist, either in therapy, diagnostic imaging, or both if you wish to understand the day-to-day activities of medical physicists. Your reflections on your shadowing experience will play a crucial role in the interview step.
After you submit your online application, we’ll notify you no later than January 31, 2024, whether you’ve been invited to continue forward in the interview process. Our admissions interviews typically take place at the end of February every year.
During the virtual interview day, you’ll meet and interview with our program director, faculty members, staff, and current students.
- With our program director, you’ll discuss
- the therapy and diagnostic pathways
- the curriculum in the MSMP and DMP degrees
- the student applicant selection process
Take time before to consider which pathways (therapy or diagnostic; MSMP or DMP) you hope to pursue. Our program director will be happy to answer any remaining questions you have at your interview.
- With our faculty members, you’ll discuss
- The collegial feel of courses and practicum in the program
- Research opportunities and mentors
- With current students, you’ll chat about
- What it feels like to study at Vanderbilt
- Student experience of the medical physics curriculum
- Their favorite research, practicum, and courses so far
- Living in the city of Nashville
- Services and opportunities offered on Vanderbilt’s campus
Final Admission Decisions
You’ll receive email notification of your admission status (accepted, waiting list, or denied admission) no later than March 15, 2024. If accepted, you must officially accept or decline your admission and reply to the email offer by April 15, 2024.