Welcome, Future Innovators!
We’re seeking an energetic cohort of students who want to transform health care through medical innovation. Successful applications demonstrate exceptional maturity, leadership, and teamwork capabilities, as well as a history of creativity and perseverance.
How to Apply
- You must be admitted into Vanderbilt’s Medical School in order to apply.
2. Redcap Survey including:
One short essay (300-500 words) and brief responses to our Core Values are required along with your CV.
3. Interviews or Interactions
In-person info sessions, a collaborative problem-solving session with other applicants, and time with our admissions committee are also part of the interview process. We look forward to getting to know you and seeing you work as part of an innovative team.
MIDP Admissions Timeline
- March 30 – Second-Look Weekend MIDP Showcase
- TBD – VUSM accepted students info session
- April 1 – MIDP application opens
- May 14 – Deadline to apply (by 11:59 p.m.)
- May 16 – Mandatory Design Challenge info session
- May 17 & 18 – Design Challenge Sessions
- MIDP acceptance notifications by end of May
- May 30 – MIDP class finalized