MPH Reunion and 25th Anniversary
On October 7, the MPH Program celebrated its 25th anniversary and the Global Health track’s 10th anniversary!
All MPH alumni, students, faculty, and staff were invited to be part of the celebration of these milestones.
Registration is free for MPH Reunion events. Select “MPH Event Package” in the online registration form.
Photos – click here to view photos
- Excellence in Public Health Award: C. Buddy Creech, M.D., M.P.H.
- MPH Rising Star Award: Grace W. M. Umutesi, M.P.H. and Mary-Margaret Fill, M.D., M.P.H.
- International Impact in Public Health Award: Rachel Idowu, M.D., M.P.H.
- Dr. Marie R. Griffin Award for Excellence in Mentoring: Carlos G. Grijalva, M.D., M.P.H. and Christianne L. Roumie, M.D., M.P.H.
- 25-Year Teaching Award: William D. Dupont, Ph.D.
- 10-Year Teaching Awards:
- Muktar H. Aliyu, M.D., Dr.P.H., M.P.H.
- Carlos G. Grijalva, M.D., M.P.H.
- John A. Graves, Ph.D.
- Brian L. Heuser, Ed.D., M.T.S.
- Marie H. Martin, Ph.D., M.Ed.
- Troy Moon, M.D., M.P.H.
- Yu Shyr, Ph.D., M.S.
- Yuwei Zhu, M.D., M.S.
Winning Trivia Team: Tony’s Pizza (Ryan Dalforno, Meredith Denney, Kyle Hart, and Claire Umstead)
CHECK-IN | VMAA Registration Table
Friday, October 7 from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Langford Auditorium Lobby
LUNCH LECTURE | The Value of Public Health: Lessons Learned During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Friday, October 7 at 12 p.m.
Light Hall 208
Guest Speaker: Alex Jahangir, M.D., M.M.H.C. ’12
MPH QUIZ BOWL
Friday, October 7 at 1 p.m.
MPH Classroom, 2525 West End Avenue, Suite 1010
Flex your public health knowledge and compete for prizes in this fun quiz-bowl style tournament. With public health topics ranging from disease outbreaks to global and community health, there’s something for everyone!
MPH 25th ANNIVERSARY RECEPTION
Friday, October 7 at 4 p.m.
The Wond’ry, 2414 Highland Avenue
Connect with classmates, friends, mentors, and colleagues and celebrate 25 years of Vanderbilt’s Master of Public Health Program and 10 years of the program’s Global Health track. We’ll toast to the MPH Program’s first alumni award recipients, too!
MPH POSTER SESSION
Saturday, October 8 at 11 a.m.
Eskind Biomedical Library
Stop by Eskind Biomedical Library before the game to learn about ongoing research and projects from current MPH students.