The MPH Program is a full-time, two-year program with a total of five academic terms. Tuition is paid prior to each academic term:
- MPH Year 1: Fall, Spring, and Summer
- MPH Year 2: Fall and Spring
Current students may access their e-bill and submit payment through the Vanderbilt University Office of Student Accounts or YES (Your Enrollment Services). For information about payment options, including the Vandy Plan, an interest-free monthly payment option, click here.
A limited number of departmental scholarship opportunities exist for incoming MPH students. For more information about scholarships and external funding, visit the funding resources page. For questions, please contact the Master of Public Health program.
For inquiries about tuition, fees, and financial aid, contact the School of Medicine Office of Student Financial Aid.
Office of Student Financial Aid
Heather Boutell, M.Ed., Director of Financial Aid
224 Eskind Biomedical Library
Nashville, TN 37232
(615) 322-1792 | email@example.com
Every May, the Vanderbilt University Board of Trust finalizes the tuition and student fees for the upcoming academic year, and they are published by the Office of Student Accounts.
Anticipated tuition rates for the 2023-2024 academic year:
- Year 1: $44,099
- Year 2: $22,048
- Total: $66,147
- Per credit hour rate: $1,839
- Total (42 credit hours): $77,219
Student Health Insurance fee
- This covers the cost of the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) offered through Vanderbilt University.
- The annual fee is charged to the student’s account in two installments: in the fall and spring terms.
- This fee may be waived for students who have coverage through a comparable plan. For more information, click here. Please note that the student must submit the online waiver form before the beginning of each academic year, by August 1. A university VUnetID is required.
Student Service Fees
- The Student Services Fee provides financial support, based on the University’s needs, for student co-curricular interests, organizations, events, and programs, as well as student support services and resources. It is a mandatory fee charged to all students that cannot be removed or waived. More information regarding this fee can be found in the student handbook.
Student Health Fee
- The Student Health Fee is used to expand resources and services in support of student health wellbeing. It is a mandatory fee charged to all students that cannot be removed or waived. You can find information on the Student Care Network website.
- Students are assessed a one-time lifetime transcript fee during their first semester at Vanderbilt. There is no additional fee for a transcript beyond this transcript fee.
Vanderbilt University requires all eligible students to be covered by a health insurance plan that is comparable to or exceeds the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). Students who meet the eligibility requirements are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Eligibility: All graduate and professional students registered in degree programs of four or more credits or who are actively enrolled in research courses that are designed by Vanderbilt Universe as full-time enrollment.
Waiving the Student Plan: If you have other insurance and do not wish to participate in the Student Injury and Sickness Plan offered through the University, you must complete an online waiver form indicating your other insurance information. The online waiver form must be completed by the stated deadline or you will remain enrolled in the plan offered by the university and will be responsible for paying the insurance premium. An online waiver form must be submitted before the beginning of each academic year.
International Students: All international students attending Vanderbilt University are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan to be in compliance with federal regulations relating to J-1 Visa status that requires international students and their dependents residing in the United States to maintain adequate health insurance coverage.