Skip to main content

Student Accounts & Systems

VUNet ID and Epassword:

Your VUNet ID and Epassword will be your personal identity code for logging onto password-protected sites at Vanderbilt.

Follow this link. There is a button labeled ‘Activate VUnetID’ under the ‘New users’ heading. This page will also contain links to the FAQ’s and information on who to contact should you need assistance with creating an e-password.

Commodore ID:

After receiving your VUNet ID and Epassword, you can find your Commodore ID by following this link.  The Commodore ID is used by Student Accounts.

It’s on the first page that loads once you sign in, under your email address, and to the right of where your picture would show up.

Final Transcripts:

You must send us a copy of your final transcript including degree(s) awarded. Please send them directly to the Center for Data Management at the following address:

Center for Data Management
Vanderbilt University
PMB 407833, 2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-7833

Student Loan Deferments:

You must send your deferment form to the following address:

Office of University Registrar
110 21st Ave. South, Suite 110
Nashville, TN 37240-7701

If you have additional questions about loan deferments, please call 615-322-7701

Message Box:

You will be assigned a message box in the BRET office to receive class-related assignments and other school communications. Personal mail should set to your home address in Nashville.  However, for the first two weeks of school or on an emergency basis, you may use the 340 Light Hall address to receive personal mail through the first two weeks of school.


You can view a map showing where the past couple of classes of IGP/QCB students have lived by following this link.  You can access the Graduate School’s off-campus housing information and service HERE.  We do not provide a formal housing service, but if you would like to search for a roommate in the incoming QCB or IGP class, follow this link.  Visit myVU Classifieds for apartments (and furniture, pet sitters, etc.). Ads are posted by Vanderbilt students, faculty, staff and alumni.

Health Insurance:

The University requires that all students in degree programs have health insurance. The QCB will pay for this through your student account. There is a form due to Student Health Services by June 1. You can find by following this link.

Your insurance will be effective on the first day of orientation. If you are interested in coverage for a dependent, please email Carolyn Berry.  If you are covered by another plan and would like to waive coverage, follow this link this link.