Community Resources & Roles
Basic Sciences staff support faculty, staff, and students in numerous ways, from budget management, pre-/post-award administration, and information technology expertise to event planning, day-to-day operations, and online presence management.
Postdoctoral fellows play a crucial role in the biomedical ecosystem as they bridge the gap between doctoral training and independent research careers, contributing their expertise, innovation, and fresh perspectives to advance scientific discovery, collaboration, and the development of future scientific leaders.
- ASPIRE (Augmenting Scholar Preparation and Integration with Research-Related Endeavors)
- BRET Office
- Biomedical Ph.D. outcomes
- Career and professional resources
- Career Development
- Core Laboratories
- Editor’s Club
- Initiative for Maximizing Student Diversity (IMSC)
- Research resources and funding
- Organizations and Activities
- Seminar Series
- Scientific Writing
- Training Grants
- Wellness and counseling
Our students represent the future of biomedical research. They are driven, ambitious, and eager to make a difference. Through rigorous coursework, hands-on training, and research opportunities, we empower our students to become skilled research professionals and leaders in their chosen fields.
- Basic Sciences Administrative Support Structure
- Animal care and use program
- Center for Technology Transfer and Commercialization (CTTC)
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Limited and external funding opportunities
- Research resources links
- Student training opportunities and procedures
- Vanderbilt Incident Response for Travel (VIRT)
The Basic Sciences Administrative Support Structure provides resources including HR, Facilities Management, Finance, BRET, and more. You can find additional quick links that are relevant to our Basic Sciences community.