Explore our community
- Center for Applied Artificial Intelligence in Protein Dynamics
- Center for Structural Biology
- Mass Spectrometry Research Center
- Program in the Molecular Basis of Genetic Diseases
- Quantitative Systems Biology Center
- Vanderbilt Brain Institute
- Vanderbilt Center for Addiction Research
- Vanderbilt Center for Extracellular Vesicle Research
- Vanderbilt Center for Stem Cell Biology
- Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology
- Warren Center for Neuroscience Drug Discovery
Our centers and institutes serve as specialized hubs of expertise, knowledge, and support and offer valuable resources, training, and consultation services to facilitate next-generation research and scientific discovery.
Basic Sciences investigators have access to a vast number of resource cores at both Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center. These cores provide essential research infrastructure, expertise, and services to support faculty, staff, and students in conducting innovative and impactful scientific investigations across various disciplines.
Special Lab-to-Table Event: Science-conscious Films
Hollywood Reimagined with AI: Film Screening and Discussion
A special edition of Lab-to-Table will be the premiere of "On the Dying Grass" by Vanderbilt undergraduate student filmmakers during their summer ArtLab internship.
Come to Sarratt Cinema for a red carpet experience, catering, popcorn, and lively conversation about science, self, AI and Art at Vanderbilt and beyond.
Dress code: Hollywood red carpet
Watch the performance by Ji Hye Jung, professor of percussion, with synchronized visualizations generated from the Tyska laboratory during the recent Quantum Potential Premiere
Alyssa Hasty Full Interview
Alyssa Hasty Research Overview – Role of Macrophages in Obesity
Bryan Mills Nikon Center of Excellence Full Interview
Bryan Mills Nikon Center of Excellence Overview – Microscopy and Quantitative Image Analysis
Danny Winder Full Interview
Danny Winder Research Overview – Addiction Research
Erin Calipari Full Interview
Erin Calipari Research Overview – Addiction
Jeffrey Conn Full Interview
Jeffrey Conn Research Overview – Neurological and Psychiatric Disorders
Jens Meiler Full Interview
Jens Meiler Research Overview – Protein Structure and Elucidation