Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The DHSS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Task Force is a committee composed of faculty, clinicians, staff, and students serving to address our mission and as departmental leaders in the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion within our academic and clinical communities.
Interested in the Department October Diversity Lecture Series? See more information here for our upcoming lectures.
A world where support for effective and efficient communication is equally accessible to all.
To increase diversity, creating equity in opportunities for employment, education, research, and clinical services, as well as eliminating all forms of bias and discrimination first within our department, discipline, and ultimately worldwide.
DEI Task Force Members and Alumni
- Robin Jones, Ph.D.
- René Gifford, Ph.D.
- Ram Ramachandran, Ph.D.
- Lauren Szalay, MDE Student
- Keerthana Velappan, AUD Student
- Jade Mitchell, Ph.D. Student
- Ryan Millager, Ph.D. Student
- Derrick Sowder, SLP
- Toi Gorham, DHSS Admin. Manager
- Candace Thompson, MA
- Rachell Hartgens, M.S.-SLP Student
- LaQuinta Murphy, DHSS Program Coordinator