The Laryngeal Biology Laboratory (VUMC and Univ. of Pittsburgh) , Principal Investigator: Dr. Bernard Rousseau
Hometown: Chandler, AZ
- BS, Human Anatomy and Physiology, 2011, University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ)
- MS, Speech Language Pathology, 2015, University of Utah, (Salt Lake City, UT)
Hobbies and interests:
In my spare time I participate in the Vanderbilt Community Chorus and the West End United Methodist Church Handbell Choir.
Social Media: LinkedIn
I am currently studying the physiological and structural changes to the vocal fold in response to mechanical and biological stimuli.
- Pitman MJ, Kurita T, Powell ME, Kimball EE, Mizuta M, Garrett CG, Rousseau B. Vibratory Function and Healing Outcomes after Small Intestine Submucosa Implantation for Chronic Vocal Fold Scar. Laryngoscope. 2017 Nov.
- Mizuta M, Kurita T, Dillon NP, Kimball EE, Garrett CG, Sivasankar MP, Webster RJ, Rousseau B. In-Vivo Measurement of Vocal Fold Surface Resistance. Laryngoscope. 2017 Oct.
- Rousseau B, Kojima T, Novaleski CK, Kimball EE, Valenzuela CV, Mizuta M, Daniero JJ, Garrett CG, Sivasankar MP. Recovery of vocal fold epithelium after acute phonotrauma. Cells Tissues Organs. 2017 Jun.
- Mizuta M, Kurita T, Kimball EE, Rousseau B. Structurally and functionally characterized in vitro model of rabbit vocal fold epithelium. Tissue and Cell. 2017 Jun.
- Novaleski CK, Kimball EE, Mizuta M, Rousseau B. Acute exposure to vibration is an apoptosis-inducing stimulus in the vocal fold epithelium. Tissue and Cell. 2016 Aug.