Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Vanderbilt University, we hold the sincere belief that fostering the advancement of and respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion of all students, faculty, and staff benefits dour programs and all members of our community. Some resources available to support our students and community are below:
Basic Sciences Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Resources in the Basic Sciences Division
Some of the departments and programs affiliated with the IGP have their own DEI Basic Sciences Coordinating Committees:
- Biochemistry https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/biochemistry/dei/
- Cell & Developmental Biology https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/cdb/about/dei/
- Pharmacology https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/pharmacology/pharmacology-diversity-equity-inclusivity-committee/
- Molecular Physiology & Biophysics https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/mpb/diversity-equity-inclusion/
- Program for Cancer Biology https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/cancer-biology/dei-committee/
- Brain Institute https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/brain-institute/resources-for-students/neuroscience-student-organization/
- Vanderbilt Institute for Infection, Immunology, and Inflamation (VI4) https://www.vumc.org/viiii/immuknow/vi4-dei-committee-feature
Frist Center for Autism and Innovation: A center focuses on engineering technologies and transforming the workplace, inspired by neurodiversity. Your source for information on neurodiversity and autism resources.
Initiative for Maximizing Student Development (IMSD): this program exists to increase the number of Ph.D.s awarded to graduate students in biomedical research who are underrepresented in science.
Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center: The epicenter of the Black experience at Vanderbilt, a place with programming, resources, and fellowship for students, alumni, faculty and staff
Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center: an affirming space for women with programming and resources
Office for LGBTQI Life in the KC Potter Center: a cultural center and place of support and affirmation for individuals of all identities.