Welcome from your SLW hosts!

Posted by on Thursday, March 16, 2017 in Life in the MSTP, MSTP Workshop News .

Welcome from your SLW hosts!

Congratulations on being accepted to the Vandy MSTP! The application cycle year is long, difficult, and anxiety-provoking. But now is the time to sit back and enjoy the ride because no matter what, you will become physician-scientists ðŸ™‚ We are all looking forward to your visit to Nashville over Second Look Weekend, and you have very excited hosts who will help you navigate your visit:

Hi everyone! My name is Ayesha Muhammad, and I am from Karachi, Pakistan. I came to the US for college almost 6 years ago, and attended Yale University, majoring in chemistry with a special focus on biochemistry. I then worked for two years in Boston in a lab working on the pharmacogenetics of Type II diabetes. Vandy MSTP has been an absolute blast in the almost 8 months that we have been here, and I am very excited to share my experience here with you. If you have any questions before/during/after your visit, you can email me at ayesha.muhammad@vanderbilt.edu! See y’all soon!

Hi guys! My name is Courtney Edwards, and I am from Greensboro, NC. I graduated from Hampton University with a degree in biochemistry last May. Although it was a difficult decision, in the end, I am so happy that I finally realized that Vandy was the place for me. Good southern food and people, amazing research, and an excellent medical education has made my journey great so far! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at courtney.edwards1@vanderbilt.edu. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Hey everyone, my name is Maxwell Roeske. I grew up in Milwaukee, WI and graduated from the University of Dayton last year. I majored in biology and psychology, and am planning to do neuroscience or pharmacology research in the future. I chose the Vanderbilt MSTP because it has the perfect meld of top class research, a unique curriculum, an exciting city, and, without a doubt, the best people. We’re looking forward to sharing all of these things with you while you’re here. Feel free to reach out to me at maxwell.j.roeske@vanderbilt.edu before or after SLW. We hope you’re all as excited as we are.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Vandy campus and Nashville in April! ANCHOR DOWN!