Vanderbilt and VUMC researchers: if you or your department/center would like to participate, please RSVP. We would love to see you there! First- and second-year students: stay tuned for your invite!
What is Research Connections?
Each year, the Office of Medical Student Research sponsors a large research fair where first- and second-year medical students chat with Vanderbilt researchers about potential research opportunities and mentoring as they near their Research Immersion phase (protected research time). Departments and centers across Vanderbilt and VUMC have a chance to showcase their work and talk with interested students, and everybody enjoys free lunch!
Students network with prospective mentors at a Research Connections event
In addition to many medical students, these Vanderbilt departments and centers participated in Research Connections 2018:
- Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine
- Anesthesia & Perioperative Informatics Research Division
- Center for Clinical Quality & Implementation
- Center for Effective Health Communication
- Department of Biostatistics
- Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology & Endocrine Surgery
- Diabetes Center
- Diabetes Research and Training Center
- Diet, Body Composition, and Human Metabolism Core
- Division of General Pediatrics
- Institute for Global Health
- Master of Public Health Program
- Memory & Alzheimer’s Center
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Division
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Schoenecker Research Lab
- The Surgical Outcomes Center for Kids
- Tuberculosis Center
Along with faculty representatives from these five research areas:
- Biomedical Informatics
- Bench to Bedside
- Community & Global Health
- Ethics, Education, Policy & Society
Feel free to email email@example.com or stop by Eskind Biomedical Library, 416. We’d love to tell you more!