The Clinical Neuroscience Scholars program is now accepting applications
The Clinical Neuroscience Scholars program will be accepting applications from predoctoral students whose primary mentor is in VUMC who are interested in partnering with mentors in Neurology, Psychiatry and Neurosurgery to gain clinical experience related to their thesis research.
Successful applicants will have passed their qualifying exams, have at least two years of thesis work left and have the unconditional support of their lab mentors.
The CNS program offers students a chance to understand the best practices, diagnostics and resources of our clinical partners and patients. Scholars will identify clinical mentors that they shadow 1/2 day a month and who helps them select relevant Grand Rounds, Seminars and other opportunities to intersect with clinical teams.
After the first year of participation in the program, students are eligible for travel grants to national and international meetings of up to $750 continent upon good standing with the program.
An informational meeting will be held NOVEMBER 8, 2017 at 3:15 pm in MRB III U5202.
More information can be found online at https://ww2.mc.vanderbilt.edu/cnscholars/
Please submit a single PDF with:
- A 500 word essay on why you want to be in the program for your long term development-
- A 500 word essay on why the mentor you chose is a good match for your thesis project
- A very short letter from your proposed clinical mentor acknowledging they are willing to have you shadow 8h/month beginning in August 2018
- A more substantial letter speaking to your fitness to interact with patients, families and contribute to the CNS program from your current research mentor
- Your CV
- Your clinical mentor’s CV (only needed for those who have never mentored before)
More information on the program here or by contacting BethAnn McLaughlin, PhD