Job Opportunity: Bioinformatics Engineer, Labcorp
The Bioinformatics Engineer will have the opportunity to support cutting edge clinical oncology diagnostic pipelines supporting high quality patient care as well as drug development, clinical trials, and translational research. They will be responsible for contributing to software development and analysis in support of clinical and biopharma products within the Omniseq bioinformatics team. He/she will collaborate with clinical, bioinformatics, software development and IT groups, and other stakeholders to develop, maintain and improve NGS analysis pipelines.
Contribute to bioinformatics team efforts focused on development, testing and implementation of bioinformatics pipeline and architecture to support the initiatives of OmniSeq NGS based products (40%).
- Follow pipeline development under company-wide QA infrastructure (20%).
- Test, debug, and maintain existing systems (15%)
- Gather requirements and understand the end user’s needs (5%).
- Develop software to implement the gathered requirements (10%)
- Create documentation for requirements and design (5%)
- Provide operational support for bioinformatics scientists (5%)
- Proficiency in NGS Pipelines
- Proficiency Python, R, Unix shell script, and version control systems(git)
- Familiarity with data storage and management systems, such as SQL and data warehouses
- Experience with Docker containerization
- Experience with scientific workflow language, such as Airflow, Nextflow
- AWS Data Platform experience is preferred
- Software engineering experience in a regulated environment is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with CLIA, and HIPAA is preferred but not required
- Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Years of experience in the job discipline Requires a B.S. Degree in related field w/2+ years of experience or a M.S. Degree in related field w/0-2 years of experience