Friday Five – Five Things to Do This October
Are you hoping to have a spooktacular October in Nashville? Check out these five local events compiled by MD-PhD candidate Clara Si:
- Head to a local pumpkin patch for pumpkins to carve with friends. Don’t forget to buy some apple cider donuts and caramel apples while you’re there! Lucky Ladd Farms has been voted No. 1 Pumpkin Patch in the state by the Travel Channel.
- Check out Boo at the Zoo, a Halloween event at Nashville Zoo to see the haunts and Hyacinth Macaws. You can see bears and tigers until 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 15-17, 19-24, and 26-30.
- Celebrate the arts through Artober, a month-long festival filled with art-related activities around the city. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the event.
- Support local artists at the 43rd Annual Tennessee Craft Fair held in Centennial Park, where you’re sure to find some unique Christmas gifts. The fair runs Oct. 8-10.
- Food trucks, live music, and beer embody October’s mood with the free Centennial Craft Fest, hosted on Oct. 23 and 24. Check out jewelry, art, candles, soaps, and other handmade goods as you make your way around Centennial Park.