Tennessee Brew Works Internship Opportunity and Info Session
Learn more about the local paid internship opportunity with Nashville's Tennessee Brew Works, a quick bike ride from campus! This opportunity is ideal for PhD trainees in their last 6 months of training or who have recently finished their dissertation.
Internship and Employer Information Session: Tennessee Brew Works
Featuring head brewmaster Laura Burns, PhD
Friday, July 10
Light Hall 350
Resumes will be accepted between July 10-July 14 by emailing them to Kate Stuart (email@example.com) during that time period. Registration and attendance to this info session is strongly recommended for those interested in this opportunity. If you cannot attend this event, please register anyway to stay tuned for application requirements and recommendations.
*US Citizenship is required.
Internships would be from July-October of this year.
Hours may vary, but the expectation is that the intern be onsite for at least 4 hours weekly. Additional research and development for new operation procedures and laboratory methods will not require the intern to be onsite.
This paid internship will provide an introduction to commercial brewing and experience at a start up business.
The intern will gain exposure and an understanding of brewery operations including:
- The entire process of brewing on a commercial scale from grains to packaged product
- Inventory and ordering of raw materials
- Planning a brewing and kegging schedule based on projections and current inventory
- Managing staff schedule for brewery operations
- Establishing relations and promoting sales with potential customers.
The intern will also be exposed to the craft brewing industry at large, and many possible roles for a trained PhD scientist. Deliverables include:
- Involvement in the implementation of a new packaging line
- Development of a quality assurance program for packaged product
- Expansion of a quality assurance laboratory with new equipment and procedures
- Establishing methods of recording and analyzing quality assurance data