ASPIRE Internship: Tennessee Brew Works, Nashville, TN
Tennessee Brew Works
809 Ewing Ave.
Nashville, TN 37203
Tennessee Brew Works is a locally owned and operated brewery founded in August of 2013. We are dedicated to producing high quality beer. We are committed to ethically conducting our business. We are passionate about enjoying great beer.
This internship will provide an introduction to commercial brewing and experience at a start-up business.
The intern will gain exposure and an understanding of brewery operations including:
- The entire process of brewing on a commercial scale from grains to packaged product
- Inventory and ordering of raw materials
- Planning brewing and packaging schedules based on projections and current inventory
- Managing staff schedule for brewery operations
- Establishing relations and promoting sales with potential customers
The intern will also be exposed to the craft brewing industry at large, and the many possible roles for a trained PhD scientist. Deliverables include:
- Involvement in the implementation of a new packaging line
- Development of a quality assurance program for packaged product
- Expansion of a quality assurance laboratory with new equipment and procedures
- Establishing methods of recording and analyzing quality assurance data
- Internship will be 8 weeks in duration from March and April of 2016
- Hours may vary, but the expectation is that the intern be onsite for at least 4 hours weekly.
- Additional research and development for new operation procedures and laboratory methods will not require the intern to be onsite.
- Internship is paid
Applications due by midnight,
Sunday, February 21, 2016 Extended! Midnight Tuesday, February 23, 2016
- Fill out the following ASPIRE Internship Application found here: (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TNBrew2016)
- Submit a resume (standard 2 page, no CVs, please) and cover letter (optional) as pdfs with your name in the file name to Ashley Brady at email@example.com
Your information will then be passed along to the company who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
For further questions, please contact Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the Fall 2015 semester.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at email@example.com for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady to discuss this further.