Attend The Whole Scientist course to build skills for your career

Posted by on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 in Uncategorized .

Am I prepared for the next step in my scientific career? What skills do I need to work in academia? Industry? Other careers? What if I don’t want to do research? How can I find a job?

The Jackson Laboratory and partners are pleased to host The Whole Scientist workshop in New York on April 20, and in Bar Harbor, Maine, on May 15-19, 2017.

The Whole Scientist will assist you in answering the questions above and helps scientists like you prepare for the next step. With advice from leading experts, The Whole Scientist will instill skills and confidence in:

• People and project management
  • Individual Develop Plan preparation and execution
  • Mentorship and team-building
  • Networking and negotiating
  • Effective communication to a variety of audiences
  • Career exploration and the job market

Get ready for your future at one of our two upcoming events!

–       Join us at Hunter College in New York City for our one-day workshop on April 20, 2017. Find out more and register at www.jax.org/wholescientist-nyc. Registration is FREE and includes breakfast and lunch!

AND/OR

–       Join us at The Jackson Laboratory in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine, for our week-long course May 15-19, 2017. Find out more and register at www.jax.org/thewholescientist. Comprehensive scholarship packages are available to attend. Register today!

Tags: , , , ,

VIEW MORE EVENTS >