Job Opportunity: Healthcare Research Project Manager – BioVU
Healthcare Research Project Manager – BioVU
Under direct supervision, oversees small projects or phases of larger projects. Responsible for coordinating activities of project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure time completion of project. Effectively coordinates the activities of the team by becoming familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member. Demonstrates good communication, organization, and team building skills.
This position will be involved in key operating functions on the BioVU team including but not limited to research investigator navigation, project development and timeline management, special projects, quality control of deliverables and standardization of processes towards more effective and efficient operations.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
1. Under direct supervision, coordinate and oversee the planning phase of project implementation using the Project Implementation Process.
- Coordinate the transition from Project Evaluation to Project Implementation.
- Organize Team Resources, including Steering Committees, Project Teams and Work Groups, as needed.
- Develop high-level project plan and achieve buy in on task responsibilities and timelines from the appropriate team members.
- Define communications, issue management and scope management strategy and achieve approval from the appropriate team members.
- Solicit input from appropriate staff to evaluate cross-system impact.
- Evaluate project risks and develop contingency plans, as appropriate.
- Define project objectives and define success measurements.
- Develop and communicate appropriate project documentation, including project overview, scope, team structure, status reports, issues management reports, change control reports, meeting notes, etc. as required and in a timely manner.
2. Institute the design phase of the Project Implementation Process.
- Coordinate development and approval of appropriate requirements and design documentation.
- Ensure Approval of Developed requirements and design.
- Develop detailed project plan.
3. Complete build & unit test/purchase and installation phase of Project Implementation Process.
- Coordinate the construction, installation, customization and unit testing tasks.
- Evaluate and manage system development in line with project requirements.
- Direct modification of software as necessary.
- Assist and monitor the integrated testing phase in conjunction with the Project's Quality Assurance Analyst.
4. Coordinate training and go live phase of Project Implementation Process.
- Coordinate development of appropriate training materials and training plan.
- Assist and monitor implementation of training plan.
- Coordinate development of detailed go live plan.
- Assist and monitor implementation of go live plan.
5. Complete close out phase of Project Implementation Process.
- Ensure team consensus of project completion.
- Transition system responsibility to production support staff.
- Complete project close out documentation.
6. With direct supervision, serve as project leader, to ensure timely completion of project tasks in line with project and enterprise objectives.
- Coordinate and lead steering committee, project team and work group meetings, as required.
- Manage and communicate project status to team members and executive staff, including management of project website, consistent status reporting and presentations.
- Identify, document and manage project issues and escalate, as appropriate, to achieve timely resolution.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies including meeting deadlines, when applicable.
- Ensure integrity and security of institutional data.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively.
7. Actively identify and participate in training, education and development activities to improve own knowledge and performance to sustain and enhance professional development.
- Keep up-to-date on project management software systems, practices and technological developments, as appropriate.
- Seek to understand Vanderbilt University organization and goals.
- Maintain skills commensurate with job expectations.
8. Demonstrate good team building skills.
- Actively participate in Implementations Team Meetings.
- Readily volunteer to assist fellow team members as needed.
- Promote constructive formal and informal information sharing and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Master's degree or higher preferred
- Biotechnology or Biomedical industry experience preferred
- Bioinformatics experience helpful
- Technology development and/or commercialization experience helpful
- Project management experience with large studies and the ability to manage a timeline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent organizational skills preferred
Please complete your application and submit your resume to:
If you are interested in applying for this position and have questions, or have already submitted your application, please contact Jennifer Smith (email@example.com), HR Manager, Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR), to let her know.