Job Opportunity: Education and Professional Development Manger, American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockville Maryland
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is hiring an Education and Professional Development Manger
Develops, organizes and implements programs and projects to promote and improve biochemistry and molecular biology education at the undergraduate, graduate and professional levels.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all education department projects, including the monthly career-development webinar series, the career path videos, the quarterly career newsletter, the undergraduate career guide and the career development workshop session for graduate students and postdocs, among others.
- Provides direct oversight to two full-time employees, the Diversity & Education Coordinator and the Student Chapters Coordinator, and their projects.
- Serves as the staff liaison to the Education and Professional Development Committee, the Education Oversight Group and other EPD-related subcommittees. This includes serving as the point of contact, scheduling and staffing calls and meetings, developing the committee budget, etc.
- Develops new programs and initiatives and actively seeks external funding opportunities.
- Develops grant proposals and manages existing federally-funded grant projects, including overseeing grant budgets, monitoring spending and preparing annual reports.
- Develops and implements rigorous assessments of department projects, especially the career development workshop series, and publishes relevant results.
- Coordinates event planning for committee retreats, workshops and other meetings as needed, including the Catalyze Your Career graduate student and postdoc career-development workshop series.
- Works with the Marketing Director to disseminate information regarding education and professional development related resources and events.
- Develops, organizes and implements multiple sessions at the ASBMB annual meeting.
- Maintains education and career information on the ASBMB homepage.
- Writes institutional review board exemption applications to cover assessments.
- Manages multiple internal and external collaborations.
- Works with the Meetings Department to organize the Society’s small education meetings.
- Develops and administers surveys of the undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral community, among others, to assess needs for additional society resources.
- Analyzes data and prepares reports and articles.
- Positions may be reassigned and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in science or education required; master’s degree or Ph.D. in a molecular life science field or in discipline-based science education research preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years post-educational experience required. Prior non-profit experience preferred. Experience in developing science education programs and training, overseeing grant-funded programs, budgeting, grant writing and program evaluation desired.
- Management experience preferred.
- Must have excellent project management, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, social media, and web development.