Job Opportunity: Medical Science Liaison, Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc, Nashville, TN
The primary responsibility of the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to act as a liaison with nationwide and regional key opinion leaders (KOLs) to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and to facilitate both clinical trial efforts of Ipsen and externally-sponsored studies in relation to Oncology and Endocrinology products. This individual’s clinical insights will be utilized cross functionally to ensure proper alignment of MSL goals with the company’s business goals to be executed in a compliant fashion.
Function: External (Time Allocated: 50%)
• Identify and develop relationships with national and regional medical and scientific KOLs consistent with the strategy and objectives of Medical Affairs and overall Ipsen strategies in the areas of Oncology and Endocrinology.
• Engage in scientific exchange and education about current and emerging therapies in a compliant fashion with KOLs in the areas of Oncology and Endocrinology (to include advisory boards, individual meetings, and congresses).
• Partner with Medical Affairs and Drug Information Services to ensure accurate delivery of medical and scientific information, as needed.
• Proactively identify and assist as needed in facilitation of externally-sponsored clinical trials.
• Identify disease concepts that can be leveraged into product differentiation in relation to Oncology and Endocrinology products.
Function: Internal (Time Allocated: 30%)
• Develop and maintain scientific, clinical and therapeutic expertise in the area of Oncology and Endocrinology.
• Provide appropriate scientific, clinical, and educational support for internal and external customers (including other members of the MSL team), including for managed care accounts and organizations
• Support medical publications as needed (abstracts, manuscripts, etc.)
• Support commercial operations by participating in Speaker and Representative Training in relation to Oncology and Endocrinology products.
• Lead/participate on special project teams as necessary.
• Coordinate scientific activities with medical affairs, clinical development, and global franchise group, as needed
Function: Collaborative (Time Allocated: 20%)
• Represent the company at specific continuing medical educational events, programs, medical meetings and scientific conventions
• Differentiate Ipsen as the valued scientific partner of choice through innovative initiatives, coordinated strategy and scientific communication.
Skills & Requirements
Reporting Relationships/Significant Contacts
• Internal: US Cross-functional oncology and endocrinology team members including field-based counterparts and home office-based team members, legal, regulatory, market access individuals, medical/clinical operations
• External: KOLs, payers, formulary decision makers, and vendors, as appropriate
• Minimum 3-5 years MSL experience
• Previous recent Oncology experience (eg, in the last 12 months) required
• Advanced Degree (MD, DO, PhD, PharmD, DNP, etc) required
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain credible and scientific relationships with top experts in the Oncology space
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to function on a cross-functional team
• Knowledge of PhRMA, OIG and other guidelines relating to compliant medical communications
• Demonstrated expertise in ability to synthesize and communicate medical information clearly
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Presentation, Facilitation and Instructional Skills
• Work independently and with cross functional teams
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 25 pounds
• Business travel by air or car is regularly required
• Some weekend work required
• Ability to travel ~ 60-80% (based on size of geography)
• Works independently
• Works from home, in car and in other remote locations
• Manages large geographic territory including TN, KY, MS, and AL.
For more information and to apply: https://www.ipsenus.com/6-5_currentopenings.html