LaunchTN Internship Program accepting applications until February 28th
LaunchTN launched the Specialist Program, a summer internship program, in May 2014, providing undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to engage in Tennessee’s startup communities. Over the past four summers, 100+ students representing universities across the country, have interned at Tennessee’s statewide entrepreneur centers.
In 2018, the internship program will evolve to include up to 10 full-time, 14 week positions with Tennessee-based startups and entrepreneur centers. In addition to hands-on startup experience where students will learn entrepreneurship from some of the best in the state, LaunchTN will provide valuable opportunities to network with intern alumni, top founders and fellow students.
Intern Expectations & Eligibility:
- A current college student or recent graduate (Doctoral and Master’s students included)
- Ability to relocate to Tennessee for the internship term
- Interest in entrepreneurship and working in a flexible, ever-changing environment
Intern Benefits & Details:
- Interns will receive a stipend paid bi-weekly, totaling $6,500 over 13-14 weeks
- The program runs from May to August 2018, with flexible start and end dates depending on student schedules
- Interns will report directly to a supervisor at the company or entrepreneur center where they are placed
- Interns will also be paired with a mentor/advisor other than their assigned supervisor
Process and Timeline
How does it work?
- Submit an application by February 28, 2018!
- LaunchTN will review applications on a rolling basis and schedule phone interviews with top candidates to answer questions after companies are selected in December
- Candidates who advance to the next round will be asked to rank their top four company and/or entrepreneur center (EC) preferences
- LaunchTN will match candidates with top choices and pass applications to selected companies/ECs for review
- Companies/ECs will select candidates and conduct interviews
- Companies/ECs will notify LaunchTN of their top candidates
- LaunchTN will make offers to candidates of their status in April
- Internships begin in May or June, depending on intern and company/EC schedules
- September 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018 – Internship applications accepted
- December 4 – Companies are selected and announced
- December 4, 2017 – February 28, 2018 – Round one interviews conducted by LaunchTN
- February 28 – LaunchTN notifies candidates if they are advancing to round two interviews
- March 1 – March 23 – Round two interviews conducted by companies & ECs
- Early April – LaunchTN extends offers to candidates
- May/June – July/August – Internship Period (flexible based upon student and companies schedules)
For more information head to the website http://launchtn.org/students/internship-program/
Apply here: https://launchtennesseettdc.formstack.com/forms/untitled_form_12_copy