Internship opportunity with Health Velocity Capital
Health Velocity Capital is one of the nation’s leading healthcare software and services venture capital and growth equity investment firms. Working in close partnership with some of the nation’s largest and most influential healthcare organizations, our mission is to generate outstanding financial returns while being the preferred innovation partner of entrepreneurs and investors working toward the common goal of a high quality, customer-friendly, affordable, and sustainable healthcare system.
Health Velocity Capital is led by Marty Felsenthal, Bruce Crosby, and Saurabh Bhansali. The firm’s partners have more than 50 collective years as investors, entrepreneurs, and senior executives helping to build innovative companies that created important new healthcare markets and/or that became market leaders, including companies such as Teladoc, Change Healthcare, US Renal Care, Aperio, Aspire Healthcare, The Advisory Board Company, Tivity Health, Healthways, Silver Sneakers, MDLive, Infusion Express, Spero Health, OnShift, Vantage Oncology, D2Hawkeye, Contessa Health, Compassus, iTriage, Circulation Health, Livongo, and many others.
Health Velocity Capital invests on behalf of traditional institutional investors – including endowments, pension plans, and fund-of-funds – and also invests on behalf of some of the nation’s largest and most influential healthcare organizations and, in some cases, their senior executives. Collectively, our investor network represents organizations that provide insurance to more than 140 million Americans, sell software and technology into every major health system in the US, provide pharmacy and PBM services to more than 75% of all Americans, and operate almost 300 hospitals.
For more information, please visit www.healthvelocitycapital.com.
We are seeking a part-time Intern for the firm’s Nashville office. The role can be performed in-person in Nashville or remote. The Intern will work side-by-side with Health Velocity Capital’s Senior Associate, Grant Blevins, as well as the firm’s three Partners.
- Compile deal sourcing lists of innovative healthcare companies relevant to Health Velocity Capital by sector, geography, and, most importantly, stage from Health Velocity’s proprietary databases and online sourcesSources include: SourceScrub (for conferences, “best-in-class” lists, and companies by city), healthcare and healthcare innovation newsletters, prominent media sites, and others
- Provide weekly call list of relevant prospective investments to Senior Associate each Monday
- Weekly lists can be specific to an interesting sector of healthcare, by trend in healthcare, by city, for an upcoming conference, or other
- Lists will be built within SourceScrub
- Senior Associate will provide training of Health Velocity’s investment criteria and CRM systems on the first day of the internship
- Research specific sectors and build market maps of innovative companies for Health Velocity’s quarterly investment whitepapers. Q1 and Q2 2019 investment themes TBD
- Develop custom reports within Health Velocity’s two CRMs, Affinity and SourceScrub, for weekly, monthly, and annual purposes
- Attend in-person pitches and calls with prospective investments
- Assist with day-to-day administrative tasks and inputting data pertaining to prospective investments and LPs in CRM. Sr. Associate and all Partners perform as well.
- Note: The above responsibilities are not to be considered exhaustive
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with using a CRM – Salesforce, Hubspot, Sugar, etc.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in and general knowledge of healthcare industry
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Prior internship in investment banking, financial services, and/or with a startup business
- Junior or Senior in leading undergraduate university
- Pursuing degree in business, economics, computer science, biology, or designated pre-medical school degree
- Creative, passionate, self-starter
One semester or minimum of 4 months
Brentwood, TN office or Remote
Flexible based on school requirements or personal preference. 15-20 hours per week preferred.
$2,500 stipend for Spring semester
We will be accepting applications for this position until January 15th. Afterwards, we will reach out to select candidates. We expect to conclude the process by February 1st.
If interested in the position, please email Grant Blevins at email@example.com by January 31st with your resume/CV and brief introduction on yourself and prior work experience.