Job Opportunity: Teacher, Middle School Math, WEB Tutorial Nashville, Nashville, TN
Our Tutorial WEB is a secular middle school tutorial with a mission of preparing students for high school. We partner with homeschool parents to offer classes that meet once or twice weekly with assigned work to be done through the week at home. You can read about our model and learn about our community at webtutorialnashville.com.
Middle School Math – 6th/7th Grade
Students are placed in math classes at WEB via a placement test. This class is for those students who are not yet ready for PreAlgebra, but have mastered early middle school math. Teacher is free to choose/create a curriculum that best meets the needs of the class for a twice weekly homeschool classroom environment and/or WEB director can provide curriculum suggestions.
The goal of this class is to prepare students for Pre-Algebra with:
- A solid foundation in the following:
- Basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole
- numbers and decimals)
- Fractions and their applications and operations
- Ratios, percent and proportions
- Interpreting word problems and applications of the above functions
- Different methods for estimating
- And a basic understanding of:
- Geometry (including area, perimeter and volume)
- Probability (mean, median, mode, and graphical data representation)
Teacher will be expected to use Google Classrooms to communicate with students and manage assignments.
Class size will be at least 10 with a maximum class size set by the teacher and administrator together (no more than 15).
WEB meets for 31 weeks of classes – 15 in the fall and 16 in the spring. Classes begin in mid-August and conclude the first week of May.
This class will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:10 pm – 2:10 pm at Dalewood UMC, 2300 Ridgecrest Drive, Nashville, TN. 37216. Teacher will be expected on site from 12:45 pm – 2:15 pm.
$800/month for eight months.
Interested candidates may contact Shannon Truss at email@example.com