Internship Opportunity: Grad Intern – R&D (Comparative Biology & Safety Sciences), Amgen, Cambridge, MA
Relocation in the form of a miscellaneous allowance will be provided for eligible candidates.
The Comparative Biology and Safety Science (CBSS) department at Amgen Inc. is seeking a motivated and curious graduate intern to develop and validate cell-based assays of neurotoxicity. The successful intern will join a multidisciplinary team building next-generation technologies to support our mission to perform human risk assessment for novel therapeutics. This is a wet-lab based position that will involve cell culture, plate-based assays, microscopy, medium-throughput electrophysiology in multi-well format multi electrode arrays, as well as quantitative analysis of large data sets. This internship will involve close collaboration with our colleagues throughout our department as well as the neuroscience department and provide rich exposure to many aspects of preclinical drug development in a global biotech/pharma setting.
- Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion as a first year graduate student before internship starts and currently enrolled in a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR PhD for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Degree Concentration(s) in Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Life Science, or related fields
- In at least the second year of a PhD or MD/PhD research-based program
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and basic cell biology techniques is required and specific experience culturing stem cells and primary neurons is preferred.
- Facility with scripting languages or other tools to enable rapid manipulation and analysis of large datasets is preferred.
- Scientific knowledge and research experience in neuroscience or pharmacology is a plus.
Only candidates who apply via http://careers.amgen.com/ will be considered. Please search for Keyword 69325.