ASPIRE Internship: Utilize Health Marketing and Sales Operations Intern, Nashville, TN
ASPIRE Internship Opportunity:
Marketing and Sales Operations Intern
Nashville City Center Building
(1st Tennessee Bank Building)
511 Union Avenue
At Utilize Health, we’re focused on creating a better healthcare experience for patients and a cost savings for health plans. We do this by providing health plans with a specialized complex care management solution that engages patients with neurological conditions to be active participants in their care and guiding them to the right healthcare resources. It’s a big job that takes innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and a commitment to seeing that our stakeholders are receiving top-notch service. Above all, it takes a compassionate team that is dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and our communities.
Working at Utilize Health is a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization, and shapes how we interact with our members and each other.
WHAT WE DO:
Our clinical program is specialized neurological care management of patients with debilitating neurological conditions, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries/disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, and Muscular Dystrophy. This high-risk patient population, though quite small statistically, accounts for direct medical expenditures in excess of $24B annually in the United States yet suffer among the poorest patient outcomes.
Putting feet on our company’s mission “no one walks alone,” we work with patients and their families or caregivers to get the patients on an optimized care path (which is ill-defined in the healthcare system for this particular patient population). While working toward optimization, we take a proactive, preventive approach to managing conditions to avoid their exacerbation. Through our efforts, our patients achieve better health outcomes, get placed on an appropriate care path for maximal recovery potential, while our health plan customers experience a reduction in medical spend. Right care, right time at its best!
WHAT IS AN INTERNSHIP LIKE AT UTILIZE HEALTH?
At Utilize Health, we are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented individual who is interested in a working with an early stage healthcare startup company; we’re chasing excellence and need someone who can move quickly in an ever-changing, fast paced environment.
The paid internship at Utilize Health is unique in many ways. We believe the best way to learn is by doing. Additionally, we believe that in order for you to be successful in your career, you need to have a passion for what you are doing. Our internship will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the aspects of marketing and sales operations that make our company stand out and allow you to develop your expertise.
We partner with health plans (or other risk-bearing entities) that make our service available to their members. This enables members with severe neurological conditions to maximize their potential for recovery. Each facet of our sales and marketing strategy needs to be aligned with our overall business strategy, which we will introduce to you at the beginning of your internship.
Below, we’ve listed two core areas of our program that you will focus on. We’ll take you through a rotation in each of these areas to ensure you have a comprehensive understanding of how our program works. We will identify your areas of core competency and have you focus the rest of your internship in these key areas. We encourage you to be entrepreneurial and to help us find ways to continue our rapid growth.
- Write creative and attention grabbing content (which could include blog articles, email marketing, one pagers, brochures, marketing flyers)
- Research/build upon the public relations strategy and help execute
- Contribute ideas for original content
- Edit and revise quickly, but thoroughly
- Work within approved social media channels to provide content and execution
Sales/Sales Operations: Provide key research to aid in the delivery of executing the sales strategy. Examples include targeting data, uncovering new markets, company/executive profiles, conference identification, etc.
- Analyze data to align the appropriate targeting strategies
- Work with the Chief Commercial Officer to deliver appropriate follow-up throughout the sales process
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Upbeat, friendly personality. Polite, positive, respectful self-starter who works well with others.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in business and entrepreneurship a plus
WHY WORK WITH US?
Your career can turn into anything you want here, as long as you’re willing to put in the work. Startups are incredibly rewarding. You’ll not only see your work implemented, but you’ll be able to see how your work impacts the company directly.
- Internship will run April – July 2019, with the opportunity to extend pending review.
- Internship is paid, part-time (8-10 hours per week)
- Some evening networking events
- Prefer availability Thursday mornings 8:30-9:30 for clinical team strategy meeting
- Pre-employment screening required to include background check and drug screening test.
Applications due by midnight, Monday March 18, 2019
- Fill out the following ASPIRE Internship Application found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/UtilizeHealth_Marketing_Sp2019
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Ashley Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please submit documents as pdfs with your last name_Utilize Health_Marketing_Spring 2019 in the file name and with subject line: ASPIRE Internship: Utilize Health_Marketing)
- Schedule a meeting with Ashley Brady prior to the application deadline
Your information will then be passed along to the organization and they will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the start of the internship.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- Students and postdocs may not participate in more than one internship at a time. More than one application may be submitted at a single time, but only one position can be accepted.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at email@example.com for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss this further.