PhD Career Stories: AJ Baucum, PhD

Posted by on Thursday, July 18, 2019 in Upcoming BRET Office of Career Development Events .

Dr. Baucum, a previous postdoc and research instructor here at Vanderbilt, is returning as our December PhD Career Stories speaker. He will discuss his path to become Assistant Professor at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis and what his career in academic research has been like. If this is your career interest area, or if you just want more insight in what this profession entails, be sure to join us as we welcome Dr. Baucum back to campus in December.

co-sponsored by the IBSTO (Integrated Biological Systems Training in Oncology) Training Grant

Registration is requested

A little bit about Dr. Baucum:

“I was born in Springfield, Oregon (the true location of the Simpson’s) on New Years Eve, 1977. I went to Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles for my undergraduate training, where I majored in Biology and minored in Spanish. I also played Division I water polo at LMU. I then went on to the University of Utah in Salt Lake City where I completed my Ph.D. in Pharmacology and Toxicology in May, 2004. Following a short postdoc in Utah, I went to Vanderbilt for postdoctoral training with Dr. Roger Colbran. I moved to Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in 2013 as an Assistant Professor of Biology. I am currently Associate Professor of Biology and have am primary faculty in the Stark Neurosciences Research Institute and Adjunct Faculty in Pharmacology. I am also currently the Director of Thesis Graduate Studies in Biology and serve on the Teaching Advisory Committee for the Stark.”

Tags: , , ,

VIEW MORE EVENTS >