ASPIRE Internship: BioCentury Inc., Data Analyst Intern
Data Analyst Intern
BioCentury, a global business intelligence company serving the biopharmaceutical industry and investors, is pursuing numerous initiatives involving machine learning, big data, data science, target science, and more. We are looking for interns in a part-time data entry and analyst role to interpret and validate business data as well as scientific content.
This work will be performed remotely under the guidance of a BioCentury project manager. Interns will work with BioCentury’s Editorial and Technology departments. These positions provide an excellent learning opportunity for self-motivated and independent candidates interested careers in the biotechnology industry.
What You Need
- Biology, pharmacy or medical background, or a business background (MBA, Master of Business & Science, or MBA-style business courses)
- Rapt attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are absolute requirements.
- All BioCentury employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and our customers.
- Internship is paid, part-time (8-10hrs per week)
- Internship will run appx January through March, 2020, (12 weeks) with the possibility to extend pending review
- Internship will be carried out entirely remotely
For 27 years, BioCentury has helped C-level biotech executives make business-critical decisions by providing independent deep-dive analysis, high-quality data, and business intelligence on a global scale. We report on and dissect trends before others, helping to better position our customers for change and to capitalize on that change before the competition. No matter where our customers are in the drug development process — from idea to patient — we help answer critical questions, decipher strategic trends, objectively evaluate product and business strategies, and assess competitive, financial, and policy risks. The Company’s main office is in Redwood City, California.
Deadline to Apply: Noon, Monday Dec 16, 2019
- Fill out the following ASPIRE Internship Application found here: (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BiocenturySp2020)
- Submit a CV and cover letter to Ashley Brady at email@example.com (Please submit documents as pdfs with your last name_BioCentury_Sp2020 in the file name and with subject line: BioCentury Spring 2020. The candidate should describe qualifications and interest in the cover letter.
- Schedule an “internship” meeting with Ashley Brady via https://calendly.com/ashley-brady prior to the application deadline.
Your information will then be passed along to the host who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the start of the internship.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- Students and postdocs may not participate in more than one internship at a time. More than one application may be submitted at a single time, but only one position can be accepted.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady (email@example.com) to discuss this further.