ASPIRE on the Road 2020 is here!
The much anticipated announcement of the 2020 ASPIRE on the Road is here! We are off to Boston, MA April 29-May 1!
We will spend time with area biotechnology and pharma companies learning about career paths, hearing from key leadership, touring the facilities, and meeting with alumni.
A maximum of 12 trainees will be selected to participate. Travel costs and accommodations will be covered by the ASPIRE Program for those selected to participate.
Co-sponsored by the the Dean of Basic Sciences, Larry Marnett, PhD, and Vanderbilt University Development and Alumni Relations.
ASPIRE On the Road is an initiative of the Vanderbilt ASPIRE Program aimed at broadening the training experiences of biomedical PhD graduate students and postdocs by organizing site visits to companies and organizations to help our trainees make well-informed career decisions.
1. Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or postdoctoral fellow who qualifies for ASPIRE Travel Scholarship funding
2. PhD students who entered graduate school through the IGP, QCB, CPB, MSTP, or IMSD must have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
3. Applicants must be able to attend the full site visit in Boston, April 29-May 1; this will require departure from Nashville early on Wednesday, April 29th.
DEADLINE to APPLY: Monday, January 27th at noon
To submit your application (detailed directions are within the survey monkey form):
- Complete the online form found at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AOTRBoston2020App
- Email your current CV or resume highlighting academic accomplishments and other experiences relevant to this event to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “ASPIRE on the Road Application”
- Email your cover letter (1 page max) describing your interest in a research and development career in the biotechnology or pharma industry, what types of relevant career development activities you have participated in prior to this, and what you hope to gain from such an experience to email@example.com, with subject line “ASPIRE on the Road Application”
For more information about the agenda and alumni happy hour, please visit our website (we are still building the program): https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/career-development/aspire-on-the-road-spring-2020/
Questions? please contact Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org)