ASPIRE Internship Opportunity: BioCentury Inc., Data Analyst Intern
ASPIRE Internship Opportunity:
Data Analyst Intern
BioCentury is pursuing numerous initiatives involving machine learning, big data, data science, target science, and more, and is looking for interns in a part-time data entry and analyst role to interpret and validate business data as well as scientific content.
Now in its 27th year, BioCentury Inc is internationally recognized as the leading provider of value-added information, analysis and data for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, investors, academia and government.
BioCentury thoughtfully identifies and analyzes the strategic issues essential to the formation, development and sustainability of life science ventures. The company employs a fully integrated multimedia platform — including electronic publications, online data solutions, interactive websites, webcasts and conferences — to provide its audience with authoritative and up-to-date intelligence about corporate strategy, partnering, emerging technology, clinical data, public policy and financial markets. (Visit www.biocentury.com)
This work will be performed remotely under the guidance of a BioCentury project manager. It is an excellent learning opportunity for self-motivated and independent candidates. The internship would work with and support activity in the Editorial and Tech departments.
- Biology or pharmacy background
Business background (MBA, Master of Business & Science, or MBA-style business courses)
- Rapt attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are absolute requirements.
- All employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and readers.
Applications due by noon, Thursday June18, 2020
- Fill out the following ASPIRE Internship Application found here: (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BioCentury_App_Summer2020)
- Submit a CV and cover letter to Ashley Brady at email@example.com (Please submit documents as pdfs with your last name_BiocenturySum2020 in the file name and with subject line: Biocentury Sum2020)
- Schedule an “internship” meeting with Ashley Brady via https://calendly.com/ashley-brady prior to the application deadline.
Your information will then be passed along to the host who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the start of the internship.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- Students and postdocs may not participate in more than one internship at a time. More than one application may be submitted at a single time, but only one position can be accepted.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady (email@example.com) to discuss this further.