Job Opportunity: Senior Scientist, Analytical R&D, Pfizer, Andover, MA
**Alumni contact. Please let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you are applying to this job!
The successful candidate will join a team of scientists within Bioassay-Impurity testing group, Analytical R&D department. They will be responsible for developing bioanalytical methods to monitor the intended mechanism of action of biological drug candidates.
This position will provide laboratory support and contribute data and knowledge to the development of vaccines, therapeutic proteins and monoclonal antibodies.
The candidate will work across analytical functions and projects and will also provide technical counsel to other scientists, organizations and senior leadership.
- Design and execute bioassay experiments with the goal of developing robust bioanalytical methods to test appropriate product quality attributes to advance product development.
- Developing, performing and troubleshooting cell-based assays and immunoassays, while applying these methods to a broad range of biotherapeutics.
- Documenting and reporting lab work according to GMP practices.
- The candidate will be expected to share analytical data in project meetings and will be recognized as a bioassay expert and scientific leader.
- Authoring, revising and reviewing test methods, technical reports and regulatory content.
- Mentoring colleagues on scientific and strategic directions.
- Collaborates across multidisciplinary project teams as well as appropriate partner lines
- PhD. in microbiology, molecular/cell biology, biochemistry, immunology, or closely related field and minimum 3 years of post-doctoral or industry experience or B.S./M.S. with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong leader behaviors and the ability to collaborate and mentor others.
- Experience developing bioassays to evaluate product potency (ie. cell based and immunoassays).
- Strong working knowledge of the drug development process for the progression of biological therapeutics.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team serving as bioassay SME.
- Ability to multitask priorities to align with project objectives.
- Proficiency with relevant scientific software, including graphing/statistical analysis tools.
- Experience in GxP (GLP, GMP) environment and implementation of continuous improvement practices
- Method validation experience
Apply here: https://www.pfizer.com/
Job Requisition ID: 4796438