Job Opportunity: Medical Science Liaison, (neurosciences, oncology), Insightec, USA
Medical Science Liaison, USA
If you plan to apply, please let Ashley Brady know- email@example.com
- Independently establish and maintain robust relationships across neuroscience-related specialties, key medical groups, associations, and patient advocacy organizations
- Organize and support a cohesive and effective scientific communication and community-building strategy executed through multi-modal clinical education channels, including: investigator meetings, publications, presentations, congresses, advisory boards, CME, speaker bureaus, and other channels
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge as a therapeutic and disease expert within the dynamic scientific and clinical environment of interest to the Company
- Conduct regular scientific discussions with external partners to maintain a reliable presence with scientific leaders and partner institutions to ensure regular medical and scientific contact with the Company
- Gather feedback, data, or information during routine activities that can help the Company better comprehend medical or scientific needs, priorities, or concerns of healthcare practitioners (HCPs) and/or patients
- Support the conduct and execution of Company’s Medical Advisory Boards (MABs), including key logistics in preparing content and coordinating with legal and compliance on contracts
- For Company-Sponsored Trials, collaborate and assist Clinical and Regulatory Affairs in reviewing study sites, identify potential investigators to participate in clinical development programs, identify barriers to patient enrollment and retention efforts to achieve study milestones, address questions from investigators and provide information regarding participation in company-sponsored clinical studies
- For Investigator-Initiated Trials, support external academic partners in development of site-initiated clinical research proposals, and act as the liaison between external partners and Company’s Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials Program during review of Letters of Interest (LOI) and associated research plans
- Assist external partners in study protocol design, writing and submitting their LOI
- Assist Company in the assessment of the external partner institutional environment, ability to conduct the proposed trial, and ability to publish clinically meaningful data of interest to the Company
- Communicate internally to Company leadership the purpose, advantages, limitations, duration, and potential deliverables of the planned trial
- Assist in identifying grants and other sources of funding to support external collaborators
- Engage in scientific congresses and other medical meetings, with careful pre-meeting preparation to ensure maximum representation of available scientific data, facilitate scientific and data exchange, collect meaningful insights and staff Company exhibit booths as applicable
Skills and Experience:
- PhD or equivalent with specialization in neurosciences, oncology or a relevant field is preferred
- 3+ years of experience within Medical Device and/or Biopharma Industry is a plus
- Demonstrated ability and comfort-level interacting with scientific leaders, including physicians, scientists and other leaders at academic institutions
- Scientific knowledge and expertise in clinical neurosciences, neuro-oncology, and/or oncology
- Experience in clinical research including study design, data collection and analysis with track record of academic scholarship and manuscript publication
- Proven ability to review, interpret and present scientific information and demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Experience in investigator-initiated clinical trials and grant writing is preferred
- Must be self-directed and comfortable with identifying and presenting strategies to leadership for new initiatives and activities
- Willingness and ability to travel with at least 30% travel required (including international)
* Only qualified applicants will be considered
Let us introduce ourselves
Insightec is a growing medical technology company transforming patient lives through innovative incisionless surgery. Based on two decades of clinical experience and research and development, the company’s Exablate® Neuro platform focuses sound waves, guided by MRI, to provide tremor relief to patients with Essential Tremor and Tremor-dominant Parkinson’s Disease. Research for future applications in the neuroscience space is underway in partnership with leading academic and medical institutions.
We are a global team united by a common vision to transform healthcare by making focused ultrasound a standard of care for patients. Our culture is built on Our Values of integrity, team, quality, innovation and patient care. We challenge and empower our people to be great at what they do and leverage our different ideas, skills, interests and cultural backgrounds to succeed.
After a recent investment round, Insightec is valued at more than $1B, bringing it to unicorn status. We are over 350 strong in Haifa and K. Ono in Israel, Miami, Dallas, Shanghai and Tokyo.
Do the most meaningful work of your career by joining us in our mission to make the impossible possible.
Insightec is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a safe work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Insightec does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment including hiring.