Job opportunity: Collegiate Faculty (Open Rank), The Virginia Tech School of Neuroscience, Blacksburg, VA
The Virginia Tech School of Neuroscience is currently looking to hire an instructional faculty to help teach undergraduate neuroscience courses to our 800 majors. The position is open rank and is in our Collegiate Faculty track. The Collegiate Faculty track is a non-tenure track with ranks at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Collegiate Professor levels. This rank offers a clear path to promotion with increasingly longer contracts at each rank.
Applicants for this position must have a Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Cellular and Molecular Biology, or a related field and experience teaching in higher education, preferably at the undergraduate level. The search committee will consider applicants across career stages and the rank of the successful candidate will be commensurate with experience.
• Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Cellular and Molecular Biology, or a closely related field;
• Postdoctoral experience;
• Record of significant research accomplishments, e.g., publications;
• Record of independent teaching and course management.
• Ability to contribute to the School of Neuroscience’s teaching mission, at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
• A record of scholarly accomplishment in the area of pedagogy related to Neuroscience;
• Experience teaching introductory level courses in neuroscience;
• Experience teaching large classes.
Commensurate with Experience
3/1/2021; Open Until Filled
Candidates should submit a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Statement, Diversity Statement, and Reference List.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
A link to the position can be found here: