Job Opportunity: Assistant Professor- Animal Behavior, Department of Biology College of Arts & Sciences, Garden City, NY
Adelphi University invites applications for tenure-track position in biology to begin in fall 2021. We encourage applications from diverse cultural backgrounds. The position is for a biologist, research area open, with teaching responsibilities to include animal behavior, molecular neuroscience, introductory biology, and or related courses. Additional teaching responsibilities will be determined but could include specialty courses for upper-level undergraduates and master’s students in the area of expertise. A Ph.D. is required, and postdoctoral experience is strongly preferred. The successful applicants will have a commitment to teaching and excellent potential as teachers, plus a record of significant and current research accomplishment and the potential to either continue or develop a fundable independent research program involving undergraduate and master’s students. Some research release time is available. The successful applicant will join an active, engaged, and collegial department spanning all areas of biology. Opportunities for collaboration exist within the University as well as in the N.Y. metropolitan area. We strongly encourage biologists from historically underrepresented and marginalized groups to apply for this position. Applicants should include a statement about their teaching and research interests in their cover letter and submit a teaching philosophy statement (all in one document). For more information about the department, visit http://biology.adelphi.edu/ This position is subject to the final approval of the Board of Trustees at its March 2021 meeting or later.
1. Teaching responsibilities of the candidate include animal behavior, molecular neuroscience, introductory biology, and or related courses. Additional teaching responsibilities will be determined but could include specialty courses for upper-level undergraduates and master’s students in the area of expertise.
2. Candidates are expected to establish active research with both undergraduate and master’s students.
3. Candidates will be advising undergraduate students
4. Commit to teaching students from diverse cultural backgrounds and excellent potential as a teacher.
- Ph.D. in Biology or a related field is required
- Postdoctoral experience is highly preferred
- Experience teaching at the collegiate level is preferred
1. Applicants must apply online at https://www.adelphi.edu/hr/open-positions/ by submitting the following in one merged PDF: cover letter, CV, statement of teaching interests, and philosophy (1-2 pages), statement of research interests (1-2 pages), and the names and contact information for three references.
2. Deadline for applications: April 15th, 2021
3. For more information, please contact Dr. Tandra R. Chakraborty (email@example.com), chair of the department.
Adelphi University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from women, under-represented groups, members of the LGBT community, people with disabilities, and veterans.