Chicagoland Postdoc Recruiting Event: October 14-15, 2021
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to learn about three postdoctoral programs in the Chicagoland area (Northwestern University, University of Chicago, and University of Illinois Chicago) and the cutting-edge science/research happening at each institution. More than 140 faculty members from the three institutions have signed up to participate in the event!
About the Event:
- The goal is to address the “pipeline” challenge in academia for historically marginalized graduate students and postdocs in STEM fields.
- Selected applicants will participate in two days of virtual programming designed to introduce you to the postdoctoral programs in the Chicagoland area. Participants will be matched with faculty members for informational interviews based on research interests.
- Participants will learn how to find postdoctoral opportunities, how to apply for postdoctoral positions, and how to maximize their postdoctoral experiences. Following the two days of programming, participants will meet with matched faculty members for informational interviews to take place through October 31.
- Applicants should be advanced graduate students (have passed qualifying exams or are post candidacy by October 14, 2021), recent graduates, or early-stage postdocs in STEM fields.
- There is no citizenship requirement to apply for this event; candidates of any citizenship can apply.
- This event is specifically designed for PhD students and postdocs who identify as a member of marginalized groups that are underrepresented in academia and the sciences. In addition to racial and ethnic minorities, we encourage applications from prospective postdocs with disabilities, who identify as LGBTQIA+, who are veterans, or who are first generation and/or Pell-eligible.
- Applications are due Friday, September 10, 2021