Amgen Grad Intern-Commercial Insights Leadership Program (Summer 2022)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide.
GRAD INTERN – COMMERCIAL INSIGHTS LEADERSHIP PROGRAM (SUMMER 2022)
During this 12-week program, you will gain one of a kind hands-on experience to building a solid foundation for a career in the biopharmaceutical industry. We will be providing a meaningful project, training for critical industry skills, and opportunities to network with industry professionals and other interns. Each summer intern will be placed on a team and assigned a project that is tied directly to our strategic and tactical goals.
Utilizing your transferable skills of analytical thinking, deductive reasoning, and deep knowledge of science, you will have the RARE OPPORTUNITY IMMERSE YOURSELF AT THE INTERSECTION OF SCIENCE AND BUSINESS within our Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A) organization with one of these four functions:
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE: working with the Global and US brand and cross-functional teams to analyze the competitive landscape of a particular therapeutic area, identify relevant trends based on a deep understanding of the external perspective and internal strategy, and transform competitive information into actionable insights
- FORECASTING: working with the Global and US brand teams to design financial models to estimate future potential revenues using patient/volume data and translating assumptions informed through epidemiology, market research, pricing research, competitive intelligence, and secondary analytics to support brand decision making process
- PRIMARY MARKET RESEARCH: working with the Global and US brand teams to provide first hand customer insights (e.g., healthcare providers, patients, insurance payers, and other related stakeholders) that informs business strategy decisions by collecting and interpreting information from quantitative surveys, qualitative interviews, and innovative research methodologies
- SECONDARY ANALYTICS: working with the Global and US brand teams to inform on market strategies, initiatives, and performance by translating the business questions into tangible data queries, and interpreting the data to provide an objective perspective on secondary data analytics and performance management
We are seeking bright, hardworking, and business oriented individuals to join the Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A) organization as a Summer Graduate Intern. You will have the chance to work on one of our in-line or pipeline products brand teams, develop functional competencies, and apply these relevant skills towards developing and delivering formal business recommendations to internal partners at the conclusion of the summer project. Through this unique experience, you will address real-life business needs, develop professional acumen, and network with diverse Amgen staff and departments.
Upon completion of the internship, you will take with you a better understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry today, as well as the challenges and opportunities that will drive the development of new medicines in the future.
This summer experience offers competitive compensation and limited relocation housing and/or transportation allowance for eligible candidates.
- Regular touchpoints with the Amgen manager and business stakeholders
- Learning the basic SOP for the functions of the internship assignment
- Final project presentation at the end of the internship
THIS COULD BE YOUR EVERYDAY
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. During our summer program, interns experience a fast paced, hands on environment under the mentorship of a Commercial Data & Analytics Manager. We match Interns to meaningful and challenging projects that deliver lasting value.
FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES BEYOND THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Successful interns will be given priority consideration for our full-time CD&A rotational program, which provides a career opportunity for individuals interested in continuing their professional development after receiving their advanced science degree and becoming a key contributor at Amgen. This rotational program provides members the unique opportunity to explore assignments within CD&A including competitive intelligence, forecasting, primary market research, and/or secondary analytics.
HERE’S WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate and driven individual we seek exemplifies the following qualifications.
- Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of Master’s program before internship starts
- ACTIVE ENROLLMENT IN AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY FOLLOWING INTERNSHIP COMPLETION
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Currently enrolled PhD student in STEM, ECONOMICS, OR FINANCE
Currently enrolled PharmD student
Currently enrolled Master’s student in STEM, ECONOMICS, FINANCE, OR BIOTECHNOLOGY
- Graduation within 12 months following internship completion
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or health care industry knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and quantitative skills
- Detail oriented individuals with strong project management skills
- Demonstrate self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness
- Ability to effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with both internal and external customers
SOME OF THE VAST REWARDS OF WORKING HERE
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
FOR AN INTERNSHIP THAT DEFIES IMAGINATION
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
CAREERS.AMGEN.COM. PLEASE SEARCH FOR KEYWORD 131238