Job Opportunity: Director of Analytics, Concert Genetics, Nashville, TN (remote)
Director of Analytics
Concert Genetics is a software and managed services company that promotes health by providing the
digital infrastructure for reliable and efficient management of genetic testing and precision medicine. We
are whole-heartedly dedicated to enhancing the transparency and efficiency of health care. Our customers
include health plans, hospital systems, laboratories, among others. We are a growing organization that
wants smart, creative people to help advance precision medicine and health care. See more about us at
Concert Genetics is seeking a Director of Analytics to lead the company’s analytics operations. Your
mission will be to derive insight from claims and genetic testing market data to support Concert customers
is strategy, project implementation and evaluation and enterprise sales efforts. In your role, you will
oversee the strategic framing and presentation of data to drive customer adoption and success in
managing the complexity of the genetic testing space. You will have the authority and responsibility to
ensure that the team efficiently and effectively achieves client and internal timelines for deliverables.
You will be building a thriving, engaged operation and it will be expected that…
● After 3 months on the job you will have:
○ Developed an understanding of Concert’s data assets and analytic capabilities
○ Established efficient and effective team workflows for tracking analytic requests and
○ Answered questions such as:
■ How much is spent on genetic testing? Per test?
■ What types of tests are being paid for?
■ Are tests being paid for in a manner that is consistent with medical policy?
○ Demonstrated thought leadership in delivering insights and status reports to customers
○ Integrated company mission and strategy into your work and deliverables
● After 6 months you will have…
○ Advanced Concert’s analytic capabilities in keeping with company vision for growth and
○ Implemented repeatable processes for delivering repeated reporting and ad hoc analyses
○ Developed the ability to troubleshoot around new analytic challenges that arise
○ Communicated the findings of your team’s analyses to various Concert customers
● After 12 months you will have…
○ Developed a strong, effective team with solid communication throughout the organization
○ Leveraged Concert’s data assets to tell the stories of genetic testing reimbursement and
associated spend within major national payers and key market stakeholders
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
● Domain Expertise Someone with deep roots in both the applied genomics/genetic medicine
● Business Acumen You are able to see and articulate the business logic in all analyses and reports
● Technical Bravery You are comfortable with new technologies and eager to dive in to understand
data in the raw and in its processed states.
● Comfort with ambiguity You aren’t afraid of uncertainty and blazing new trails, you care about
building towards a future that is different from today.
● Effective Communication You build rapport and great working relationships with senior leaders,
peers, and external partners and use the relationships you’ve built to drive the company forward.
● Executes well You are biased to action and get things done. You account for unknowns and
recover from setbacks well.
● Person-centered You’re personally motivated to drive more affordable, equitable and effective
integration of genomic technologies into clinical care.
The ideal candidate is excited about working at the dynamic intersection of genetics/diagnostics,
technology and real-world applications. We are a forward looking organization, leverage modern data
stack tools and technologies to deliver high quality analytics in an efficient manner.
This company is based in Nashville, Tennessee, however, Concert supports working remotely and is
flexible in terms of location in order to find the right candidate.
For further questions, please contact Gillian W. Hooker, Chief Scientific Officer at