Internship: Conferences Team Intern, BioCentury, Inc., (remote)
Conferences Team Internship Opportunity
*January 2022 to December 2022*
BioCentury is looking for an intern in a part-time role to help our Conferences Team coordinate with Sponsors, Speakers and Presenting Companies. The conference intern will proofread conference websites, marketing and related collateral, and also help maintain conference content on our delivery platforms. The position requires 20 hours of work per week.
Now in its 29th year, BioCentury Inc. is internationally recognized as the leading provider of value-added information, analysis and data for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, investors, academia and government.
BioCentury identifies and analyzes the strategic issues essential to the formation, development and sustainability of life science ventures. The company employs a fully integrated multimedia platform — including electronic publications, online data solutions, interactive websites, webcasts and conferences — to provide its audience with authoritative and up-to-date intelligence about corporate strategy, partnering, emerging technologies and biological targets, clinical data, public policy and financial markets. (Visit www.biocentury.com.)
This work will be performed remotely under the guidance of the BioCentury Conferences Team. It is an excellent learning opportunity for self-motivated and independent candidates with an interest in life sciences and biotech business.
Candidates will be asked to draft correspondence/instructions, answer questions, track registrations and deliverables and serve as a point of contact for Sponsors, Prospects, Presenting Companies and Conference delegates. Candidates will also update conference content on our delivery platforms and proofread and QC conference websites and marketing materials.
The position will provide exposure to BioCentury’s C-suite network and leading industry analysis, including access to the company’s Editorial content and BCIQ database.
- Business writing skills, oral communications skills and attention to detail are required.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and common business tools like Outlook, Slack, Asana and basic graphics applications.
- Technical competency to manage conference content using a content management system is required; some basic knowledge of web design and website maintenance (HTML/CSS) is a plus, but not required.
- Candidates should have an interest in the biotech and life sciences industries. Chinese language proficiency is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to meet deadlines, adapt to feedback and communicate questions and uncertainty effectively are absolute requirements.
All employees are obligated to meet the Company’s legal obligations regarding privacy and meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for business collaborators, information sources and customers.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter to BDsubmissions@biocentury.com
Only submissions with cover letters will be considered.