Job Opportunity: PRIME Education – Scientific Affairs Manager – Fort Lauderdale, FL
PRIME Education: Scientific Affairs Manager
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
PRIME Education, a leading innovator in medical education and healthcare research, seeks highly motivated pre-doctoral fellows looking to apply their analytical mind and research passion to drive sustainable change in clinical practice and patient care. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who enjoys scientific writing and is interested in exploring a dynamic scientific career outside of academia and bench science.
At PRIME, our mission is to advance the science of learning and behavior change among providers, patients, payers, and health ecosystems to improve competency, performance, and quality health outcomes. The sustainable and scalable research and education that PRIME delivers has measurably improved patient care for over 28 years. Outcomes from our initiatives are presented each year at leading scientific and medical conferences and published in peer-reviewed journals (https://primece.com/publications/).
Prime Education, a property of Everyday Health Group, is looking for a Scientific Affairs Manager. The Scientific Affairs Manager is a key member of the content development team who utilizes their combined skills as a scientific medical writer, educational design innovator, and grant development specialist to conduct a turnkey process that includes educational grant development, followed by content development for awarded grants. You will engage investigative and analytical skills to identify and establish ongoing opportunities for grant development to achieve the company’s goals. You will conduct literature reviews of clinical trials, peer-reviewed articles, clinical guidelines and other medical/scientific data sources to develop accurate content and identify compelling educational designs, including program titles, learning objectives, agendas and formats. Upon grant award, you will lead or assist other members of the content team with content planning and development of the program. The Scientific Affairs Manager also develops abstracts for scientific posters and podium presentations at leading medical meetings, as well as develops journal articles for peer-reviewed publications to showcase the results of the company’s educational projects.
The Scientific Affairs Manager reports directly to the VP, Scientific Affairs, and works under the oversight of the Executive Director, Scientific Affairs to meet the department’s and the company’s overall goals.
- Develop high-caliber medical and scientific content with the highest standards of editorial excellence adhering to standards of adult learning principles, and interprofessional education
- Participate and contribute in grant planning and development to meet department goals and address unmet educational and research needs
- Create educational designs, formats and execution plans for proposed educational programs, in order to develop a grant and, subsequently, to develop compelling program content appropriate for the intended audiences
- Plan and develop well-written, scientifically accurate and current program content, including but not limited to presentation slide decks, interactive video program scripts, print monographs, and case studies, collaborating with internal clinical and editorial staff and external KOL experts
- Establish and maintain relationships among key leaders in health care, among various practice settings, in order to collect expert opinion and insight into educational program needs and grant development opportunities
- Develop content for all components of supporter-specific grant submission requirements and templates, including summary content required for character- limiting sections of the grant portals
- Contribute to the outcomes measurement of high-impact educational programs, including measurement planning, survey instrument development, and program analyses
- Contribute to scientific articles, abstracts, and outcomes-based presentations and publications to exemplify the services and products of the company
- Effectively communicate and carry out opportunities, needs, ideas, and timelines to meet the company’s and department’s goals for continued growth and success
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings of the Scientific Education Department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimal Master’s degree (PhD degree preferred) in a scientific and communications or related field commensurate with the scope of work identified in this job description and current knowledge of the health care industry
- Proficient in multi-tasking and balancing/managing multiple projects
- Ability to research, design and develop high-quality scientific grant and medical writing commensurate with the desired “Position Duties”
- Ability to complete literature review and review/analyze scientific/medical research in order to apply accurate concepts to product development
- Analytical and didactic ability to complete medical writing in accordance with AMA criteria and grant development procedures
- Ability to organize and convey multi-channel educational designs and deliverables efficiently, fluently and accurately
- Proficiency in analytical thinking and an ability to convey complex data results in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to gather data for verifiable sources for grant development
- Possess creative and visionary skills to identify and execute innovative educational program designs and formats
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Endnote or any other reference manager applications
- Submit application here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/ziffdavis/job/oRLHhfwk?source=LI&s=LinkedIn&__jvst=Job%20Board&__jvsd=LinkedIn