Job Opportunity: Scientist – Translational Research, Celularity – Florham Park, NJ
Title: Scientist – Translational Research, Cell Biology, and Immunology, R&D
Location: Florham Park, NJ
Celularity is looking for a highly motivated Scientist to join a group focusing on novel cell-based immunotherapies. The candidate will have a PhD +2 years of academic or industry experience in the design and implementation of cell-based assays, immune-based assays, and molecular biology studies. Master’s degrees will be considered with sufficient and relevant experience. A strong background in cell biology, cellular and molecular immunology, and primary cell culture is required. Hands-on experience in molecular and cellular biology, primary human cell culture, genetic engineering and flow cytometry is desired. The candidate will be responsible for performing laboratory-based studies to generate nonclinical proof of concept (PoC) data to enable investigational new drug (IND) applications and support product development. The candidate is expected to support multiple internal projects, provide experimental design expertise, conduct data analysis, and provide regular research progress reports, both in written and oral form.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work within a matrix team to support translational research efforts using immunology, cell and molecular biology assays and approaches.
- Lead efforts in experimental design and implementation, perform data analysis and generate nonclinical data package to enable IND filing.
- Review current literature, contribute novel ideas, anticipate and provide solutions to technical/experimental challenges.
- Provide written and oral scientific progress reports to Project Lead and Executive Management, generate intellectual property applications and scientific publications.
- Maintain laboratory records, electronic files, and laboratory notebooks to support experimental studies and intellectual property development.
- Assist team members as necessary to complete divisional goals.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in accordance with lab/OSHA policies/procedures.
Skills/Knowledge Required / Desired:
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of cell-based immunoassay development, cellular and molecular biology and genetic engineering. Preference will be given to candidates with immunology expertise in T cell and NK cell biology.
- In depth hands-on experience with primary cell cultures, multiparameter flow-cytometry and qRT-PCR is required.
- Research experience in ELISA/Luminex multiplex platforms is desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), FlowJo and Graph-pad Prism.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaborative team environment.
- Must be goal-oriented and capable of efficient multi-tasking in a fast-moving start-up environment.
Applications can be submitted here.
- Natalia Barbaro, Scientist- Translational Research
- Email: email@example.com