Job Opportunity: Senior Research Associate – Flow Cytometry, Translational Research, Celularity – Florham Park, NJ
Title: Senior Research Associate – Flow Cytometry, Translational Research
Location: Florham Park, NJ
Celularity is looking for a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join a group focusing on novel cell-based immunotherapies. The Translational Research group is seeking an experienced Senior Research Associate in primary cell culture and flow cytometry to contribute to research efforts in support of preclinical studies. The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for handling cell lines and primary human cell cultures, phenotypic and functional analysis of cells using various techniques, including immunostaining and flow cytometry. The candidate will perform experiments and will collaborate with colleagues to analyze datasets and participate in data publication and presentation. The Senior Research Associate will also have the opportunity to participate in assay development and learn about various molecular and cellular biology techniques.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare experimental reagents as needed, maintain lab supplies, maintain the cleanliness of work areas as well as oversee performance of lab equipment.
- Culture primary human immune cells and human cell lines
- Optimize and perform multiparameter flow cytometry assays (10+ colors).
- Analyze cultured cells using flow cytometry and other cell-based assays.
- Oversee maintenance, calibration, and performance of flow cytometers (BD LSRFortessa, Cytek Aurora)
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality and efficiency of data output.
- Process cell samples for downstream applications including RNA/DNA/protein isolation and analysis.
- Collaborate with scientists to analyze data, design novel assays, and present findings at team meetings.
- BA or MA degree in biological sciences or related field.
- The position requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant hands-on wet lab experience with training on aseptic cell culture technique.
- Demonstrated experience in immunostaining of cells for multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Experience in flow cytometry data analyses (e.g. FlowJo).
- Excellent analytical, organization, and documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applications can be submitted here.
- Natalia Barbaro, Scientist- Translational Research
- Email: email@example.com