Applications for the Yale Ciencia Academy (YCA) for Professional Development are now open
The YCA is an NIH-funded initiative to equip doctoral students interested in biological, biomedical or behavioral research and who are in the final 1.5-2 years of their programs with the knowledge, skills, and networks they need to find great postdoctoral positions that will further their academic interests and career goals. The program supports students who identify as being from an underrepresented background in science, as defined by the NIH.
The application period closes March 18, 2022, and the program runs from June 2022 to June 2023.
Students can expect the following key benefits:
- Networking with accomplished scientists, leaders, and peers from diverse backgrounds
- Training from leading experts to demystify the post-PhD transition and improve planning, mentoring and communication skills
- Personalized materials for the PhD to postdoc transition, including an individualized post-PhD transition plan, a well-crafted personal narrative for identity-building and networking, a polished 20-minute scientific talk, and expert training and advice to make public engagement more meaningful and strategic.
- All-expenses paid travel to Yale for two in-person meetings in June 2022 and 2023 (COVID-19 permitting)
- Joining our YCA alumni network (>200 peers), with access to sample fellowships and professional opportunity announcements
- Bringing new resources to their lab and institution through the optional participation of their research advisor in our YCA Advisor Academy
Additional information about the program, eligibility guidelines, and the application can be found at: www.cienciapr.org/yca.