Job Opportunity: Postdoctoral Fellow, Viral Pathogenesis and Immunobiology, CBER/FDA – Silver Spring MD
COVID-19 pathogenesis and innate response to adjuvanted vaccines
FDA/Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research
A research fellowship position on Viral Pathogenesis and Immunobiology is available in the Laboratory of Retrovirus Research, CBER, FDA at White Oak Campus in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- The ongoing research involves study of the mechanisms of inflammatory response in severe COVID-19 disease. The project investigates the potential of Immunoglobulin (Ig) Immune Complexes formed by anti-SARS CoV-2 antibodies to enhance production of PGE2 and of inflammatory cytokines by innate cells. The information gained in this research helps address safety of IgG treatments for COVID-19.
- The in vitro cell culture of primary human bronchial epithelial cells as a surrogate model of lung epithelial tissue is being developed in the laboratory. This system provides a unique tool to study the innate responses to mucosal vaccines with and without adjuvants including influenza vaccines with the focus on mucosal vaccine safety.
- This is a training fellowship for two years with possible extension up to 5 years.
- Highly motivated candidates should be within 3 years of their PhD degree. Candidates with research experience in biochemistry, cell biology, and protein chemistry are encouraged to apply.
- This position is only open for US citizens, permanent residents (Green Card holders) or individuals residing in US for at least 3 years in past 5 years on a valid US visa.
- Candidates will be offered a competitive salary depending on their experience.
How to Apply: