Job Opportunity: Research Fellow – Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology of Cancer (MAGEC), Vanderbilt University Medical Center – Nashville, TN
The MAGEC postdoctoral fellowship program, located at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, is supported by a T32 training grant from the NIH National Cancer Institute. MAGEC fellows have the opportunity to work on a wide range of cancer epidemiology research projects and will also design one of their own, using resources available from the Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center (VEC) and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. The VEC is home to three large cohort studies, the Southern Community Cohort Study, Shanghai Women’s Health Study and Shanghai Men’s Health Study, which include over 225,000 participants from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. Biological samples are available from over 90% of study participants.
Mission: The goal of the MAGEC program is to assist fellows in obtaining the expertise and practical experience needed to launch an independent research career in the epidemiology of cancer.
- Hold an M.D., Ph.D., or other doctorate-level degree.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to pursuing a career in cancer epidemiology.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (required by the NIH for this training grant)
What you will need before you start:
- Your curriculum vitae ready for upload. (Word, PDF, RTF files are acceptable).
- Biographical Information (your mailing address, email address, citizenship, degree information, etc.)
- Names of potential mentors. You will be asked to select your dual mentors from among those listed on the Mentors page.
- Personal Statement ready for upload (Word, PDF, RTF files are acceptable).
- Contact information for required letters.
- Letters of Recommendation. You will be asked to supply names and contact information for 2 mentors or supervisors willing to provide a Letter of Recommendation for you. One letter must be from your current mentor or supervisor.
Link to the online application:
Vanderbilt MAGEC Program Application
Deadline: July 31, 2022
For more information, click here.