Russell G. Hamilton Graduate Leadership Institute Fall 2022 Professional Development & Training Grant
Nature of the Grant: The Graduate Leadership Institute (GLI) will provide up to $1,000 of support for graduate students seeking non-credit bearing professional development and training opportunities to further develop their academic and professional skills. Eligible activities include, but are not limited to, training workshops, short courses, conferences (where the student has not submitted an abstract*), etc. Additionally, opportunities that will broaden the applicant’s skillset beyond their academic field of study (ex. – leadership training, project management short course, etc.) are encouraged.
Eligibility: To be considered applicant must:
• Be a registered graduate school student (PhD, MS, MA, MFA, MLAS) in good standing.
• Have completed one full academic year in the Graduate School.
• Have authorization from their department (application will require DGS approval).
• Complete proposed training/professional development activities between July 1, 2022 and January 31, 2023.
• Not have exceeded award limits**: o Students are allowed (1) Professional Development & Training grant per academic year.
o During their Graduate School tenure master’s students are eligible to receive (1) Professional Development & Training Grant and PhD students are eligible to receive (2) Professional Development & Training grants.
NOTE: We ask that students be responsible stewards of GLI resources. Students who apply for the grant must be prepared to use the funds as proposed. If the awardee cannot move forward with the proposed activity, they must notify the GLI immediately. Recipients who fail to use their funding, barring extenuating circumstances, will be ineligible for future GLI Professional Development & Training awards. Application Launch: Sunday, May 1, 2022 Application Deadline: Sunday, May 22, 202, at 4:00 p.m. Application link available at: gradschool.vanderbilt.edu/gli/pdt/
1. Completed Online Application Form
2. Upload a 1-page Statement of Purpose (with budget justification)
3. Upload a CV: 2-page maximum.
* Applications for travel to a conference where an abstract to present has been submitted are not eligible for a GLI travel grant. Please see GLI Professional Development & Training Grant FAQs for more information. **Award limits include any Travel Grants awarded through the GLI in 2019 and 2020.
Please contact Irene Wallrich for application questions (615-343-7030 or firstname.lastname@example.org)