Job Opportunity: Translational Scientist, Firststring Research – Mount Pleasant, SC
Job Title: Translational Scientist
Department: Research & Development
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Translational Scientist will be responsible for conducting a full range of activities required to conceptualize, prepare, submit, and manage research programs. Responsibilities include producing high quality scientific documents for funding applications and submitting publications – including writing and editing grant proposals, scientific manuscripts for peer review, white papers, protocols, reports, and grant-related regulatory documents. The Translational Scientist will also be responsible for leading successfully funded projects.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Identify potential uses and indications for the technology within unmet medical needs.
- Perform literature/product searches on new ideas to understand and assess novel advancements as they relate to company’s product roadmap.
- Work closely with staff in developing and transforming ideas into research programs.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with scientists and physicians in academic and private institutions, including presentations at industry and medical meetings.
- Lead and report on progress of successfully funded projects.
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date knowledge of platform technological advances and particular market areas involved in identifying and soliciting grants.
- Draft high quality written research documents and grant applications.
- Prepare and assemble scientific documents as necessary (e.g., institutional grants, annual/interim reports, progress reports, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, related field, or relevant background.
- Ability to effectively design, troubleshoot, and/or collaborate on the development of experimental protocols to develop new methodologies.
- Possess the ability to communicate results at internal and external meetings and has the capacity to manage outsourced research.
- Exceptional verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Project management experience and the ability to work well with a project team.
- Ability to problem-solve, think objectively, and work independently.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and multiple deadlines while maintaining high quality workmanship.
- Proven experience with Investigational New Drug applications and clinical study protocols preferred.
- Experience with vendor/CRO management preferred.
- Must be able to speak to and interact with a diverse group of individuals on both technical and business topics.
- Must be able to travel across the U.S.
- Approximately 10-15% travel including company meetings and other business.