Business Development Fellowship in Innovation at Takeda (BD-FIT), Center for External Innovation, Takeda, Boston, MA
The Center of External Innovation (CEI) team at Takeda is responsible for Business Development (BD) activities which support and enable Takeda’s Research and Development strategy across our core Therapeutic Areas (TA) in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Disease and Gastroenterology. Our team drives external engagement for opportunities ranging from early academic research to late-stage clinical collaborations with the aim to form innovative partnerships which elevate our internal research capabilities and strengthen our pipeline. CEI supports these activities across the BD value chain through cross-functional teams, which include Search & Evaluation (S&E), Project and Diligence Management (PM), Negotiations and Contracting (Transactions), Takeda Academic Innovations (TAI), and Takeda Ventures (TVI) as well as through close alignment with TA leadership.
The Business Development Fellowship in Innovation at Takeda (BD-FIT) is a 2-year program within CEI that provides early career talent an opportunity to gain specialized, hands-on training and experience in foundational BD activities integral to building an external innovation pipeline within a R&D pharmaceutical environment.
If joining a team whose focus on next-generation innovation is an exciting proposition to you, please review the CEI BD-FIT program brochure and/or the full job description for the Business Development Fellow role.
Applications are due by May 31st, 2022 with a target start date for the selected fellow by September 1st, 2022.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Ph.D., M.D., M.B.A. or equivalent degree is required; training in a scientific
discipline is strongly preferred
• Experience and/or internship in the Pharma/Biotech industry, academic
technology transfer, and/or venture capital is desired. Other internships may
be considered towards experience based on relevance of activities.
• Must demonstrate scientific curiosity, knowledge and gravitas to hold/drive
meaningful scientific discussions with industrial and academic experts and
key opinion leaders
• Results-oriented, creative, self-starter with the ability to deliver high-quality
deliverables on time that are appropriate for review by senior management
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Superior interpersonal skills, diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
• Ability to work and drive decision-making within a multi-disciplinary, multiregional, matrix teams
• Fit with Takeda core values and leadership principles
• Right attitude (passionate, insightful, agile, curious, open-minded, “can-do”
Brochure and Job description: