ASPIRE Internship Opportunity: 6th Floor Insights, LLC, Science Futurist Consulting Internship, Louisville, KY (remote)
ASPIRE Internship Opportunity:
6th Floor Insights, LLC
Science Futurist Consulting Internship
2515 Lakeside Drive
Louisville, KY 40205
Sixth Floor Insights (6FI) is a business and national security consultancy focused on understanding the impacts of advances in the life sciences on pharmaceutical development and national security. We keep our clients aware of the latest new technologies in development in the life sciences and adjacent fields. Furthermore, our clients turn to 6FI for assistance interpreting technological advances in the context of their business and mission, thus ensuring a high level of awareness of the state of the art and the implications of these advances.
Erik Prentice, PhD, is the owner of 6FI and is a 2004 graduate from the Vanderbilt Microbiology and Immunology Department (Denison Lab). His background includes a decade serving in the U.S. Intelligence Community and 8 years of experience in business consulting and strategy.
The successful intern will assist in developing technological assessments for a US Government client, including surveying the current scientific and investment literature, writing review-style reports and developing presentations of key findings.
THE PARTICIPANT WILL:
- Collaborate on or wholly author 2-3 page technical summaries of emerging technologies and contribute to 20-40 page in-depth reviews of targeted technologies or processes (e.g. viral vectors or bioproduction)
- Learn to develop business-consultant style slides for presentations of key findings and then use those skills to develop 5-10 slide briefs of select technologies.
- Assist in screening the scientific, popular and investment literature for relevant advances in technology.
- Participate in semi-monthly team meetings to track progress against goals and to provide 6FI leadership with updates on new technologies.
- Internship will start ~August 15, 2022 and run through November 2022 with the opportunity to extend pending review.
- Internship is remote, paid, part-time (max 8-10 hours per week)
- The intern will work directly with Erik gaining insight into how business and government consultancies operate and learning about the mission of various US Government departments and agencies
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Applications due by noon, August 2, 2022
- Fill out the following ASPIRE Internship Application found here: (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6FI_Fa2022)
- Submit your resume and cover letter to Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org). (Please submit documents as pdfs with your last name_6FI_Fa2022 in the file name and with subject line: ASPIRE Internship: 6th Floor Insights)
- Schedule a meeting with Ashley Brady via https://calendly.com/ashley-brady prior to the application deadline. Your information will then be passed along to the host who will contact you directly to schedule an interviewPlease review ASPIRE Internship FAQs: Found here
For further questions, please contact Ashley Brady (email@example.com).Eligibility requirements
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the start of the internship.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- Students and postdocs may not participate in more than one internship at a time. More than one application may be submitted at a single time, but only one position can be accepted.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady (email@example.com) to discuss this further.
- Must be authorized to work in the US