Internship Outside of ASPIRE: Graduate Intern – Drug Metabolism and Bioanalysis, Gilead, Foster City, CA
Graduate Intern – Drug Metabolism and Bioanalysis
As a Gilead intern you will contribute to high-impact meaningful projects that will not only further advance our company’s mission but will allow you to gain real world experience at one of the most innovative organizations in the world. You will also have opportunities to participate in special events including professional development and leadership presentations, social/network building activities and local community volunteer programs.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Scour the literature to identify specific substrates and inhibitor of important cytochrome P450 enzymes.
- Run drug metabolism in vitro incubation with a variety of cellular and subcellular systems to answer important translational metabolism questions.
- Learn and run high resolution mass spectrometers to perform metabolite identification
- Use sensitive triple quadrupole mass spectrometers to quantify drugs and their metabolites.
- Learn to run drug metabolism incubations in complex and novel in vitro 2D and 3D systems
- Potentially write up your work as a peer reviewed publication.
- Showcase your work with a final poster board presentation near the conclusion of your internship
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Masters/PhD program at an accredited US based university or college
- Must be a Graduate or Doctoral Student
- Must be enrolled full-time in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between May and August
- Must be able to relocate if necessary and work at the designated site for the duration of the internship
- Must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and first booster shot
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with running in vitro drug metabolism incubations
- Some experience with mass spectrometers
- Knowledge of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers.