Postdoctoral Recruiter or Senior Postdoctoral Recruiter
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is searching for a self-motivated, driven individual with a background in biological or biomedical science who is looking for an exciting and rare opportunity as a Postdoctoral Recruiter.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, located in Memphis, Tennessee, is a premier center for research and treatment of potentially fatal childhood diseases, including cancer and specific blood, genetic, and immunodeficiency disorders. The hospital’s mission is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. St. Jude is dedicated to providing unsurpassed patient care and to improving children’s health through biomedical research.
As a Postdoc Recruiter, you will work with a team to meet the postdoctoral recruitment needs of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital by developing and implementing effective recruiting strategies. This position requires significant travel to scientific conferences, meetings, and career fairs to identify promising postdoctoral candidates. It also involves online sourcing, developing advertising materials, and assisting with the planning of on-site recruitment events, such as the St. Jude National Graduate Student Symposium. The postdoctoral recruiter will communicate extensively with candidates and faculty throughout the application process and schedule candidate interview visits.
This position is ideal for someone who is detail-oriented, has excellent communication skills, and outstanding organizational abilities.
- BS degree in the biological or biomedical sciences required.
- BS degree in the biological or biomedical sciences, MS or PhD preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a research or academic environment required.
- Experience in a research or academic environment
- Experience in presenting research at a national scientific conference preferred.
- Experience in scientific recruitment, administration, event planning or marketing preferred.
- Database management skills preferred.
Senior Postdoctoral Recruiter
- Two (2) years of postdoc recruiting experience at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or five (5) years of relevant external expertise is required.
- At least two years in a research or academic environment is required, which may be made up to five (5) with professional-level human resource or recruiting experience.
- A Ph.D. degree in the biological or biomedical sciences will be accepted in place of any other experience.
- Experience in presenting research at a national scientific conference is preferred.
- Experience in administration, event planning, or marketing preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by St. Jude’s insurance carrier.
Job location: Memphis, Tennessee